14 June 2009

Book Review: Pendragon 8


Title: The Pilgrims of Rayne
Author: D.J. MacHale
Published: 2007 Pages: 547
Genre: YAL, SciFi
Rating: 3.5/5

Buy  |  Borrow  |  Accept  |  Avoid

From the back cover: When Bobby Pendragon first arrives on the tropical world of Ibara, he finds paradise. As he works to uncover clues about the turning point this seemingly idyllic territory will soon face, all he can determine is that the people of Ibara are blissfully happy. It's not long before Bobby discovers, however, that they are blissfully...oblivious.
The leaders of Ibara are keeping a devastating secret from their people, one that gives Saint Dane all the opportunity he needs to launch his final assault on Halla.


The description on the back cover tells you nothing about the plot of this story, which is actually why I used it. I'm not sure I could really describe this book without giving away a great deal of information. Most of the time I don't really care about plot spoilers, minor ones anyway, but in this case I feel like the majority of the book was focused on tiny twists that if revealed change the experience of the book.

My feelings are still rather neutral on the series as a whole. The repetition still annoys me, but I'm interested enough to keep reading. And so we go on to books nine and ten...as soon as I buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me baby!