19 August 2009

Sci-Fi Reading Challenge


I love Science Fiction and Fantasy, so when I saw the Sci-Fi Reading Challenge advertised on A Novel Challenge, I knew I was going to sign up...despite the fact that I'm already involved in a plethora of challenges.

The challenge is hosted at Stage and Canvas and has the following guidelines:

1. Read 3.14 or 8 books (or audio books) of the science-fiction genre. Suggestions are below.
2. The challenge runs from August 28, 2009 to August 8, 2010. You may join at any time.
3. Sign up using Mr. Linky below (please link directly to your post). If you don’t have a blog, just enter your name and leave the URL blank.
4. Each time you read a book, please link to your reviews. If you don’t do reviews, no biggie.
5. Making a list of chosen books is optional and it can change at any time. Overlaps with other challenges are fine.
Now, I have to get a list of books together. Does anyone have any suggestions?

~~~~~~~~

  1. Interworld by Neil Gaiman
  2. Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
  3. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick
  4. Whom God Would Destroy by Commander Pants
  5. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
  6. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
  7. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
  8. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
  9. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  10. Matched by Ally Condie 
  11. The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
  12. School's Out - Forever by James Patterson
  13. The Passage by Justin Cronin

Challenge Completed: I adored this challenge and will probably continue reading science fiction throughout the year.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I've never been a big fan of science fiction and have tons of YA books that I should read for booktalks. Maybe this challenge will push me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina - You definitely should. A challenge really does help motivation for reading new books and genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I wanna, but I really shouldn't join yet more challenges...but good luck to you, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nymeth - Awww...come on...you know you wanna. :) I seem to have an addiction to challenges which I don't know how to break. But I have faith that I'll have them under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite sci-fi series is Asimov's Robot novels:
    The Caves of Steel
    The Naked Sun
    Robots of Dawn
    and later, Robots and Empire, which connects the Robot series to his Foundation series (which I have not read).
    The stories take place on drastically different worlds, and Asimov fleshes them all out thoroughly. Best of all are the Laws of Robotics; Asimov sets the rules absolutely, and then breaks them- and it all makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon - Awesome! I will add them to my list. My list, of course, will have too many books on it, but I still like to have a choice. Now...join the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the challenge, which I've decided to start a couple days early. Why wait?

    I'm looking forward to finally reading Asimov, whichever I decide upon. I think I saw Foundation at my local shoppe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mish - Thanks. I'm eagerly awaiting some books I ordered through BookMooch for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!