03 August 2009

Book Review: The Spiderwick Chronicles

Title: The Spiderwick Chronicles
Author: Terry DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
Published: 2004 Pages: 567
Genre: YAL
Rating: 2/5

Plot Synopsis

Buy  |  Borrow  |  Accept  |  Avoid

The three Grace siblings are in for a surprise when they move into their Aunt Lucinda's old house. Faeries exist. So do goblins, griffins, dwarves, and a host of other creatures. Their great-great-uncle has left them a guide chronicling these creatures. But the evil Mulgarath wants the guide and he will go to great lengths to get it.

My Thoughts

I don't have anything truly negative or truly positive to say about this series. I read all five books in one night, but I feel more like I read one book. Each individual book was roughly 100 pages in length, but not much happened in each. I'm pretty sure at least two of the books weren't even stories. This was much more of a children's book than I am used to, and I was a bit bored by the lack of plot, development, action, and so on. All in all, it was a nice, easy read, but I won't be re-reading the books anytime soon if at all. I do, however, think that for younger readers the books hold a certain appeal.

Other Reviews

Avid Book Reader
What KT Reads
Age 30+...A Lifetime of Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me baby!