19 October 2009

Movie Review: The Hangover


Title: The Hangover
Director: Todd Phillips
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha
Release: June 5, 2009
Country: USA/Germany
Genre: Comedy
Rated: R
First Viewing: August 7, 2009

Plot Synopsis

Four men go to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. Three wake up the next morning in a room covered in trash, occupied by a tiger, reeking of alcohol, and harboring a baby. And then the movie begins.

My Thoughts

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen, The Hangover takes the typical bachelor-party-in-Vegas to a whole new level. While most show the guys-night-out, this film takes place the day after the party as the boys try to recover from one wild night and try to find their lost comrade who is getting married in less than 36 hours. Irreverant humor and slapstick silliness abound. I wish I could write more, but everything that comes to mind is something I want people to experience for themselves!

What has stuck with me - outside of the humor - is the soundtrack. I found it to be a rather quirky mix with Danzig, The Donnas, Phil Collins, and The Belle Stars doing Iko, Iko. It felt very Vegas to me, and the music felt fun rather than contrived as it played along to the scenes in the film.

Rating: 4 out of 5

3 comments:

  1. I need to put this on my Netflix list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend watching it Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was NOT interested in this movie, but when we went to Europe last month it was one of the flight selections. Everyone who was watching it was laughing hysterically. I chose Hannah Montana because I'm a huge geek like that (and why would I spend the money to rent it?).

    On the way home I watched it and really enjoyed it. What I appreciated about the movie was how much was insinuated rather than shown. Honestly, this made it even funnier without being incredibly crass (although there were moments).

    Rambling....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!