26 December 2009

Unlock Worlds Winner

Unlock Worlds is my year-long, possibly perpetual, challenge inviting participants to read any banned or challenged book in an effort to collect reviews and protest against the censorship and banning of books.  So far, Unlock Worlds has 12 participants who have provided 31 reviews of 25 separate books.

The current participants, with the number of reviews, are:

Alyce at At Home with Books (2)
Cara at Ooh...Books (1)
Gavin at Page247 (1)
Louise at Lou's Pages (1)
Mee at Books of Mee (3)
Melissa at Betty and Boo Chronicles (1)
Michelle at su[shu] (6)
Padfoot and Prongs at Good Books Inc. (1)
Rebecca at Lost in Books (4)
sharazad at The Dangerous Pages Review (3)
Stacy at Stacy's Books (3)
Trisha at eclectic / eccentric (5)

For the second Unlock World's Giveaway, one lucky participant will receive one of the following books (his/her choice) plus a collection of ALA Banned Books Week Bookmarks.  The book choices are:



or any book, not already mooched, on my BookMooch list.  Congratulations to:

Michelle from su[shu]

Shoot me an email with your snail mail address and your book choice, and I'll get your book and bookmarks out to you as soon as possible.  My email is eclectic.eccentric@hotmail.com.

I hope the rest of you head on over to the Unlock Worlds website and start leaving your links for banned or challenged books.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this challenge. Congratulations, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trisha. So excited about this win. And thanks so much for hosting the challenge. I'm looking forward to reading more banned/challenged books.

    Am off to pop and email to you now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SERIOUSLY participating, I promise. =) I even have the books on my "read right now" shelf....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm ... I had a review of a banned book? :) Which one? I'm glad that now I am a little ahead on this challenge ... I thought I was falling behind! :)

    Love this challenge ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie - I hope you join in!

    Michelle - Congrats! I'll send the book out this week.

    Elizabeth - Well then get to reading! :)

    Melissa - Yep! In the Night Kitchen. Now read some more... :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!