12 December 2009

Women UnBound Challenge

The Women Unbound Reading Challenge encourages participants to read nonfiction and fiction books related to women’s studies.

There are three levels you can choose as a reader:

* Philogynist: read at least two books, including at least one nonfiction one.
* Bluestocking: read at least five books, including at least two nonfiction ones.
* Suffragette: read at least eight books, including at least three nonfiction ones.

I'm going for Suffragette, in part because it is such an important topic and in part because this will seriously help me get through some TBR books.  I'm not completely stuck on reading these books; although it would be a good idea as for the most part I own them.

Nonfiction

  1. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
  2. Women by Annie Liebowitz
  3. Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
  4. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf 
  5. Badass by Ben Thompson 
  6. Packing for Mars by Mary Roach

Fiction
  1. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell 
  2. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters 
  3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows 
  4. The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff 
  5. Wit by Margaret Edson 
  6. The Awakening by Kate Chopin 
  7. The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff 
  8. Matched by Ally Condie 
  9. Nomansland by Lesley Hauge 
  10. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel 
  11. Enter the Enchanted by K.A. Applegate 
  12. The New Annotated Dracula by Bram Stoker and Leslie Klinger 
  13. Dracula, My Love by Syrie James 
  14. Dust by Joan Frances Turner 
  15. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  16. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mini-Challenges
Quick Survey


CHALLENGE COMPLETED: I love the topic of this challenge, and even though I've completed my requisite eight books, I can't see myself reading for the rest of the year without purposefully reading books that fall under the Women's Study heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me baby!