11 January 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Resolutions

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Sorry for the double post today! My review of Jumpstart the World wasn't supposed to publish until tomorrow, but I clearly put in the wrong date. :)

Today is my first time participating in Top Ten Tuesday, and I am so excited that the topic is Bookish Resolutions. I have been horribly procrastinating on defining my resolutions, so this is the push I needed to get some self-promises written down and published.

My Bookish Resolutions can be divided into two primary categories, seven resolutions in one and three resolutions in the other. Technically I have a few more resolutions, but I'm going to keep it simple for the written-in-stone ones. Just in case...

Control the TBR pile
  • Read the books I already own
  • Organize my TBR books so that they are all on shelves together instead of intermixed with the books I've already read
  • Get rid of TBR books which it is unlikely I will ever read
  • Be more selective of review books, giveaway sign ups, and discount book shopping
  • Do not add books to the wish list willy nilly
  • Only buy books at my birthday (April), before the new school year (August), and at Christmas (do you really need me to tell you the month?)
  • Get more books from the library instead of buying them
Vary Blog Posts
  • Participate in a few memes from time to time
  • Post about bookish issues, not just book reviews
  • Include a Wish List post each month to highlight the awesome recommendations I find on blogs

So what are your bookish resolutions?

17 comments:

  1. Those sound very reasonable and manageable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your resolutions! The one that sticks out most for is "Get rid of TBR books which it is unlikely I will ever read". SO TRUE. I need to be callous, but oh, I just love owning books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to both control my TBR and make more of an effort to vary my posts. Maybe I should steal your goals :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting rid of books that I am unlikely to read had been an ongoing process. I weeded through and got rid of 10 boxes in 2010 in addition to books that I gave to friends, and I look again and i need to do it over again. Good luck with that. I know I have to stay vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I hate when I accidentally post something before I planned to!

    I definitely need to work on keeping the TBR under control too. I, however, don't think I could ever follow a book buying ban!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the wishlist post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All worthy goals my dear! Controlling the TBR in general is a perpetual goal of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the vary your blog posts idea. Maybe I should follow you on this. It will certainly add variety to the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so ashamed ;) I did not make a single one of my goals to buy less books. I'm addicted :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only 3 times/year?? Wow, that's an admirable resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice list. good luck keeping your resoutions. I stopped putting books on my wishlist 2 years ago. It was just out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My resolution is "Use the library more!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your goals. They're pretty similar to mine, except the book buying one. I'm doing the TBR Dare, so I'm hoping to not buy books until April, but we'll see how that goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jill - Yeah, but I'm probably going to go crazy on those three occasions. 100s of dollars at a go or something... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm taking notes on your ideas for controlling your TBR pile! I also love your idea about the monthly wishlist post...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish the best of luck to you regarding your goals. I too am trying to reign in my TBR. However, since the start of the of the year I've already made two trips to the public library. So I guess I'm NOT working to hard to control my TBR pile !
    Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My only bloggy goal is to include more vocabulary. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!