30 March 2011

2011 First Quarter Report

Time for the first statistics report of 2011. So far, this year has been something of a rollercoaster for me, and my reading has reflected that. For this first report, I am primarily focused on reading myself (and you guys) what my goals were for the year and assessing how I'm doing on those goals after the first three months.

THE BIGGIES
Books Read28 Pages Read7896 A10
New Books26 Re-reads2 B18
Fiction20 Non-Fiction8 C0
My goal at the end of last year was to read more non-fiction books, and so far so good as I've read 8 already this year. The rest of the numbers are pretty much in line with what is normal for me. As a reminder, A, B, and C refer to the brain-grade of what I read, A being difficult, B being average, and C being a no-brainer.

THE AUTHORS
Male12 Female17
Alive25 Read3
New To Me22 2+ Books/Author1
My goal for 2011 was to read more dead people. I am not doing so well on that front right now, in part because I have been reading a lot of ARCs and recently published books. I am definitely reading a lot of new-to-me authors, which isn't that unusual for me but I do want to read more books by authors I've already enjoyed.

THE BOOKS
Age Adult14 YA / Middle Grade11 / 3 Children0
Format Novels25 Short Stories2 Plays0

Graphic Novels0 Misc.0eBooks8
Source Bought5 Borrowed / Library4 Gift/Win/Free6

Swap Site3 Review Copy10 BEA0
Again, I am failing on a goal for 2011. I wanted to read more graphic novels, but this year I haven't picked up a single one for some reason. I think I have two or three sitting on the TBR shelves, and I'm hoping to read them all during the April Readathon. I'm not doing too badly on my other goals: Read from the non-bought stacks, catch up on review copies, and more eBooks.

I've separated out YA and Middle Grade fiction this year; although I am keeping them in the same little cell up there since, from time to time, I have a bit of difficulty distinguishing.

GENRES
Fiction
Non-Fiction
Science Fiction0 Memoirs3
Fantasy8 Biographies1
Historical Fiction2 Cultural Studies3
Mystery-Thriller3 Essays0
Realistic Fiction6 Narrative Nonfiction1
Romance1 History0
My plan for the year was to read more historical fiction and more non-fiction. While I'm not doing too well on the first, I'm rocking out the second. I really want to continue reading a good chunk of non-fiction throughout the year.

MONTHS
January13 July
February7 August
March9 September
April
October
May
November
June
December  
While the year started out well with 13 books in January, things really took a downhill turn in February and March. Some real life stress got in the way of my reading, and it will probably be some time before I am back on track.

So how is your reading going this year?

7 comments:

  1. I just counted up my books...39 so far! Woo hoo! I too need to read more graphic novels this year. Looks like I've read 6. But I see this books as like the emergency stash (like the emergency chocolate for PMS)for when you are in a reading lull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I'd read 27 books this year Trisha. Seriously. I haven't put up my quarterly report yet because I'm not yet sure if I'll finish Don Juan before the end of March. Assuming I don't - because I probably won't - I'll have read 51 BOOKS this quarter. And THAT was reading on my stupid schedule. Definitely not helping me in the book reduction department, no?

    Ironically, since I decided to give up all schedules and just read what and when I want, I've spent two weeks reading a single book (Don Juan) and not worrying one bit that I have absolutely nothing scheduled up ahead for my blog. It's an amazingly freeing feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew -- you're having a great start to 2011! I've finished 19 books since January, mostly in the literary fiction or women's fiction category. I'd really like to start reading more historical stories, but haven't committed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL--I might find this a little overwhelming. ;) If I count all the books I've read in the past FIVE quarters it is still less than what you've read this last quarter. Good luck with the goals. I've thrown all mine out the window. Just got tired of the stress last year, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your stats breakdowns--you keep such detailed records! I guess I should start thinking about my March wrap-up...seeing as tomorrow starts April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, statistics. Love.

    Sounds like you are having a great year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Content Xenical - orlistat (OR lih stat) is designated as an inhibitor for obesity management that acts by inhibiting the inclusion of dietary fats. Pillslim is the fastest growing online source for Xenical information.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!