26 February 2012

Random Baby Pic

Hopefully I will get my shit together and start posting here again soon. The only excuse I have is ::

She is one seriously time consuming nutjob. And I'm tired. Very tired. I am hoping that I can put together a one month summary sometime soon. *fingerscrossed*

For now, a quick rundown of what's going on with books:
  • currently reading Gary Paulsen's Canyons with Madison
  • currently reading Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson without Madison
  • Cherie Priest's Boneshaker is teed up on the nook
  • Letters to a Young Poet by R.M. Rilke is waiting for the Classics Project
  • 11/22/63 by Stephen King is ready to go as my final read for the ILA's

I am spending a chunk of time watching tv these days - it's something the nutjob and I can do together, meaning it's the only thing I can think to do while I'm sitting there holding her, bouncing her, and cooing at her for hours. I've been re-watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and Friday Night Lights for those times I don't want to (or can't) concentrate too hard. When I can concentrate, I've been geeking out on The River, which I am honest enough to admit scares the crap out of me from time to time. Episode 2 made me lay down a NO FREAKING DOLLS rule for Madison.

I sincerely apologize for being so random here and so amazingly absent on your blogs. I am very behind right now on even reading blogs, let alone commenting on them. If you think I'm missing a post I really should read, please please please link to it here in the comments section!

14 comments:

  1. She's pretty adorable for a nutjob. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one beautiful nutjob! Frasier reruns got me through those rough times with my last baby, as a bounced and paced in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look on her face :D And don't be sorry, Trisha! We'll still be here once things get a bit less hectic for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an excellent excuse not to be posting as often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable! I can imagine that it's tough to get a lot done with the baby needing so much of your time and attention, but I know you are doing a great job with her, and I hope that you guys are having a lot of fun together and getting to bond. Very cute picture today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so cute, Trisha! And, as Jill said, she's a great reason not to be posting or commenting as often as before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best possible reason not to be blogging. And she is beautiful by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby! What an adorable picture.

    I've never heard of The River. I"m anti-doll, though, which makes the world interesting as Ambrose loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll forgive you for anything for a random baby pic! No need to apologize .. it is totaly expected! Newborns and babies take up a ton of time that leave you for very little mental energy (or physical energy) for anything else. I know I could have never pulled off blogging when my son was a baby! She's so adorable! You'd hardly guess she was a nutjob! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. BABY!!!!!! I just love her and her hair.

    And I'm super impressed at all the reading you're getting done! I still haven't finished a book since January 2nd. Nor finished my bookshelves. Shut it. ;)

    Take care--the zombiness WILL go away one day. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw....

    That's still an intimidating list of currently readings.

    She's precious...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you really think we're going to be mad at you for being absent when you have such an adorable excuse?? Just share a cute baby pic every once in a while and we'll forgive all your transgressions :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!