12 December 2012

Tagging the Turkey

Okay, so I'm a little late to be using the whole Thanksgiving-Turkey thing, but alas, I have done it anyways. My  new questions from Jenners:

What five things in your life are you most thankful for? My family definitely tops that list. My job is probably a close second since I (for the most part) adore it. Books would come in third, good ones in particular; although I'm not totally against "bad" ones either. I'm going to lump all of technology into number 4, particularly those that make life better such as air conditioning and indoor plumbing. And number five, I won't lie people, number five is going to be male eye candy. And for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of hot guys that I've put up on the blog over the years:






What is the best part of the Thanksgiving meal?
Oh my god, the sweet potatoes with the little marshmallows on top. Thank the good lord for that one. I could just bury my face in a big pile of that yummy goodness and die happy.


Who is the biggest turkey in Hollywood? Well, there's some seriously fowl people in the Hollywood business, I think I have to give the award to Kanye West, the man is just a giant douche. Every time I have to hear him speak, a small part of world goodness dies.

When is the earliest acceptable date to decorate for Christmas? (Hint: I have rather strong feelings about this so BEWARE!) Okay, I may be really upsetting a lot of people here, but uh, I don't actually decorate for Christmas. Yeah, no tree, no tinsel, no lights, no santas lounging here and there, no mistletoe, no holly wreaths, nothing. I don't have anything like against it or anything; it's just not my thing. I will say, however, that I think those who do decorate should probably keep Santa in the box in the basement until like the end of the first week in December or so.

Pumpkin pie, apple pie or cherry pie? Cherry. Definitely cherry. This kid's got the right idea:
Now, five new questions for Jenners:
  • When is the earliest acceptable date to decorate for Christmas? (I just had to hear your "rather strong feelings")
  • What is the funniest book you've ever read and what made it funny?
  • Do you say Kleenex or tissue?
  • When hanging pictures on the wall, do you measure and level or just eyeball it?
  • If you could have anything you wanted for Christmas, what would it be? (And I'm not talking world peace or anything else a ditzy beauty pageant winner would say).

12 comments:

  1. DON'T DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS??? Well that nutter needs a tree to tear down. You aren't going to get away with this one for much longer. Wait until she can voice her opinions! And we do appreciate those pictures on this fine morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great pics! I too am a fan of Erik, but I think even more of Alcide (i.e., Joe Manganiello)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe you don't decorate for Christmas. Not that I go all overboard but, yeah. My hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you could just keep posting that Alex O'Loughlin picture about once a month (or more frequently), that would be awesome.

    And it blows my mind that you don't have a Christmas tree, like, ever. I assume that means you spend the holiday at someone's home that does?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *might* be one of the people who irritates Jenners with early decorating so I'm curious what she'll say. :) I'm not crazy about it... just prepared and on top of it, LOL. I wonder if she was expecting your answer that you don't decorate! It is a lot of work but I love the lights and everything. So pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you certainly decorated your blog for Christmas with those yummy looking photos! I feel like I scored by asking that question. YUMMY!!

    And wow … nothing at all for Christmas. Wow. Not even for the kid? I admire your restraint. We do less and less every year.

    And those sweet potatoes are my fave too. Good answer. However, you got the pie question wrong. The correct answer is "pumpkin." ;)

    I'm probably not going to get to this until next week as this weekend is going to be NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I came on the right day. Can you do this once a month? A monthly treat?

    Thank you so much and do you take requests?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The man is just a giant douche."

    I couldn't agree more! Did you SEE him at the 12-12-12 Benefit Concert? I was hoping Taylor Swift would steal his microphone.

    I think it is unacceptable to decorate before December, also. People get way too carried away with it and it gets earlier and earlier. I think it's cool you don't decorate. I need a little something to get and keep me in the holiday spirit or else I don't feel it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't decorate either! In fact, we're having sandwiches for Christmas dinner. (We go to our mom's houses for real food...just not on the actual day.) So hurray for a fellow non-tree killer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey ... guess what? TAG YOU'RE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah ... here is the link: http://www.lifewithbooks.com/2013/01/first-tag-chicken-of-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the first time, I didn't decorate for Christmas. Nobody was in the Christmas spirit. We didn't have our Christmas dinner either because nobody wanted a big meal, except me. They wanted either pizza or hamburgers. Hamburgers won. I just think that's sad. Next year we're back to full on Christmas!!! If they don't like it they can go spend Christmas somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!