12 October 2014

Currently | 12 October

Time and Place // 9:48pm, on the couch

Eating and Drinking // Pretzels and cheese dip. Yummy yummy.

Reading // In a Glass Darkly by Sheridan Le Fanu - which is, as always, rocking my world. I believe this is the third time I've read the book. I'm also trying to finish up Of Monsters and Madness, but I'm pretty bored with it, so it's languishing on the back burner these days.

Blogging // This past week I've reviewed Melissa Marr's Carnival of Souls and the Veronica Mars franchise (meh and WOOHOO respectively). I also posted my thoughts on the Top Ten about Character-Driven novels, of which Game of Thrones tops the list.

Contemplating // I submitted my application fee, transcripts, and resume for admission into a graduate school. I'm thinking of getting a second Masters; although for now, I just want to take a class or two to see how I feel about the time commitment. Time is so scarce - but man I miss school.

Teaching // Grading. I hate grading. The husband has suggested I stop assigning homework. :) In other teaching news, I'm currently enrolled in a MOOC called Five Habits of Highly Creative Teachers. So far, it's interesting if a bit too reflective rather than active. Have any of you ever taken a MOOC?

Loving // My new stainless steel refrigerator. So much beautiful space.

Hating // My new stainless steel refrigerator. Did you know magnets don't freaking stick to stainless steel? What will I do without my magnets?

Avoiding // I think I should just permanently attach the phrase "grading papers" to this category. I'm surprised by what I will do to avoid grading papers these days. I may have actually found a way to make it more interesting:


I may have to give this a try...

So how are you guys doing today?

6 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine going back to school, especially with little ones. I take a class one night a week to learn Polish lessons and it is all I can do to attend. And my kids can take care of themselves! Ack! And try putting magnets on the side of the fridge. Mine stick there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd love to go back to studying something! Wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, what? No magnets? I can't imagine such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about going back to school once in awhile, but then I remember that I'd have to do homework and write papers and that makes me less excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am feeling you on the grading and avoiding thereof.

    I found that out about those fridges recently. Blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read In A Glass Darkly - sounds like something I should add to the top of my TBR! I tried taking an MOOC in poetry, but I ended up being overwhelmed by the amount of people in the discussion part of the class.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!