09 November 2014

Currently | 9 November

Eating and Drinking // Hazelnut Cappuccino and Banana Bread. Yum.

Doing // Today I am cuddling with the Goose who has a cold; then I am cleaning out the spare bedroom (soon to be Baby #2's room). We have been using the room for storage as, up until this Fall's garage construction, we had no attic. The room is a hot mess of garage sale items, baby stuff, clothes that no longer fit, books, and the such not. Also, I have been using that room's closet as a second closet for me as the one in my room is just too small to contain all of my clothes. My purses are also in that closet, along with picture albums and books (books are everywhere in my house).

Blogging // I'm loving Nonfiction November, and the event has certainly upped my post count. This past week, I shared my love of the book Freak Show: Presenting Human Oddities for Amusement and Profit and reflected on my non-fiction reading so far this year. I also participated in Top Ten Tuesday with a list of books I want to re-read, which seriously for me is pretty much All The Books as I love to re-read.

I know, your're thinking that three posts in one week is not much, but seriously for me lately, that's a lot. Plus I have more posts already scheduled. Nonfiction November week 2 for me has a post on Freak Shows and a post on Original Fairy Tales. Next week I also have my review of Blue Lily, Lily Blue ready to go and a look at my Victorian Reading possibilities for Classics Club.

In the coming weeks, I have reviews of Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden and Julie Schumacher's Dear Committee Members scheduled along with Nonfiction November weeks 3 and 4 posts. Plus, I just finished Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, and I'm almost done with The Martian by Andy Weir (ON AUDIO CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?).

Anticipating // The countdown has begun for the start of my Graduate Studies in Literary Theory course and since they released Week 1's Module, I've of course already started - finished the reading and jotted down some notes for the assignment. If i get awesome, which I hope to, I will be posting my (mildly formalized) notes and thoughts about course content here on the blog.

6 comments:

  1. I've been lost for words re: Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Does ASDSGFFDHGFJ count as a review? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem, and honestly I'm still not happy with my review as it is. I can't quite articulate my feelings or thoughts, so I think ASDSGFFDHGFJ works just fine. :)

      Delete
  2. Man, I love that Raven Boy series. I need to go back to the library and see if they have the audio yet, because that is how I read the first two. And wasn't The Martian good??? I may have blabbed about this before, but I'm just excited about the movie coming out next year directed by Ridley Scott and starring Matt Damon and a whole bunch of great actors. YEAH! (And by the way I loved your comment on my blog today. That gave me a smile!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Martian is awesome, and I can't be sure, but I think I am liking it more on audio than I would in print. Considering I've only listened to about 3 books on audio and only 1 all the way through, that's saying something. I need audio like this!

      Delete
  3. I started using a second closet in our house as my second clothes closet. I need to get rid of clothes... but I always hate doing that! Good luck in your course -- can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't feel I did justice to Blue Lily Lily Blue at all in my own review. I didn't say enough things about Adam and Ronan, I don't think! Anyway, looking forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!