11 September 2007

Ode to Brandon




the life we have not lived
waits for us
but i do not wish to
waste my time
dreaming of a future
not yet come
when all i really want
is possible

in the here and now

i will take what my life
throws at me
and kiss the beautiful
unexpected
with a smiling surprise
and new joy
but i will make my life
what I want

in the here and now


Not exactly a beautiful poem, but hey, it's a work in progress. And I hope you take the poem how it is meant, Brandon, as an expression of pride, love, and maybe a bit of jealousy. I hope your flight to Spain was a joyous first step in a spectacular journey.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- I mean, an ode! "Thank you," doesn't quite cover it, especially considering that this came at a time when I really need it! Thanks for reminding me about myself!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!