21 December 2008

Reading Report

After logging a book today, I wondered what sort of reading I've done the past two years, so...

I read 86 books this past year. I also did a lot of reading for work, which I do not count as those readings are technically not for pleasure.

January: 10
February: 11
March: 9
April: 2
May: 6
June: 11
July: 22
August: 2
September: 8
October: 1
November: 3
December: 1

The year before looked like this...134 books total, still not counting reading for work.

January: 6
February: 5
March: 5
April: 16
May: 4
June: 2
July: 16
August: 15
September: 37
October: 21
November: 3
December: 4

The realization that I've read 220 book in two years has me a little freaked out. I read, according to 5 separate online tests, at a pace of about 400-450 words per minute with an 83% comprehension rate. I'm sure I could do some lovely math to figure out the amount of time it took me to read 220 books, but I just don't want to know.

I am both pleased to say (as it cuts down reading time dramatically) and embarrassed to say (as guilty pleasures are well..guilty pleasures) that the majority of those books were either romance novels or science fiction/YAL books. A quick look:

2007
Science Fiction/YAL: 22
Romance Novels: 90
"Real" Books: 22

2008
SciFi/YAL: 29
Romance Novels: 39
"Real" Books: 18

So, based on a two year study, approximately 80% of my reading is guilty pleasures. Eh, better than I thought. I'm not really sure what all of this means or even if there is a good reason to do this. I was just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me baby!