22 April 2009

Dream King Challenge

The Dream King Challenge blog asks readers to explore the world of Neil Gaiman. Participants can shoot for one of four levels:

Neophyte: Read one work and watch one movie
Acolyte: Read three works and watch one movie
Devotee: Read six works and watch one movie
Zealot: Read twelve works and watch one movie

I refuse to limit myself and am upping the ante. I'm going for level 5 - Extremist which means I am going to read 12 works by Neil Gaiman this year and watch 4 films. Yeah, all I did was add on three extra movies, but what can I say!?!? The following are (incomplete) lists of Gaiman books and related films. As I read them, I'll add the books to my 2009 book list.

Books
American Gods
Anansi Boys
Coraline
Don't Panic
Art and Artifice
Beowulf
Fragile Things
Good Omens
Interworld
Neverwhere
Smoke and Mirrors
Stardust
The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish
Mirrormask

Sandman Comic Series
Preludes and Nocturnes
The Doll's House
Dream Country
Seasons of Mists
A Game of You
Fables and Reflections
Brief Lives
World's End
The Kindly Ones
The Wake

Movies
Beowulf
Coraline
Neverwhere
Stardust
A Short Film about John Bolton
Mirrormask

Okay, now who wants to join me? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Challenge Completed: 11/2009
Books Read:
Short Stories: Cinnamon, I Cthulhu, and How to Talk to Girls at Parties
Young Adult LitInterworld, The Graveyard Book, Coraline,
Adult LitAnansi Boys, Good Omens, American Gods,
Graphic NovelsPreludes and Nocturnes, Dream Country, Neverwhere,
Movies: Stardust, Coraline, Beowulf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me baby!