19 September 2009

Like a Student..Reading for the very first time..

..Like a Stu-u-u-u-dent. Okay, I'm aging myself by using Madonna's Like a Virgin, arent' I? To the point...
The Five Borough Book Review blog is hosting a Back to School Reading Challenge. The rules are simple:
1. Choose! Any four reading-list books [ones you never got around to reading or
ones you want to re-read].
2. Sign up! Sign the Mr. Linky, grab a button, and write a post detailing the books you have chosen for this challenge. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment here!
3. Read! Between September 1, 2009, and December 31, 2009 [only one book a month!].
4. Post! Your comments/reviews on your blog or in the comment section of this post.
5. Check back! Read other blogs and discover what others have to say.
I may have a tiny problem with the one book a month rule...but I'll work on it. I'm using this challenge to help me tackle my TBR shelves which are apparently stuffed with books that make high school reading lists. I'm not exactly sure what that says about me...and I'm not going to bother thinking it through.

Here's my list of possibilities...

The Stranger by Albert Camus
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow
Siddartha by Herman Hesse
How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams

Now...where to begin? Any suggestions on which I should read first?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Challenge Completed: 12/15/09
Books Read: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, The Stranger by Albert Camus, The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins, Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm trying to read Rebecca by the end of this month so read that one and we can discuss/ link to each other's reviews! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome Jenny. I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!