25 September 2009

Me and the World





I am cold tonight. Offices below, headstones marking daily graves of thousands. Inside, across clock faces, as observed as those of celebrities hands commence final laps. Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein. I think we will be gone soon...If reading this now, whether I am alive or dead, you will know truth...For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived life, free from compromise, and step into the shadow now without complaint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just me and the world.

~Alan Moore
Watchmen


Do you have any major regret, something you did or didn't do?

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I'm the kind that tends to not regret things because it is sort of a useless emotion...

    but lately I've been feeling like I've wasted so much time (all of my 20's up until now) being so dormant and just letting time pass me by. All I wanted to focus on was getting married and having babies... that hasn't exactly worked out as planned and now I feel like my hubby and I are at a place where we're close to 30 and we've wasted all of our 20's doing nothing!! Not sure what we're going to do about that (lol) but we're trying to make some changes and have some more fun starting with our NYC trip in October!!

    What about you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you've made me want to read Watchmen again. =)

    I don't really reget. There are many things I wish I could have done, but then I wouldn't be the person I am today, and I'm pretty okay with that person. Maybe what I regret is that I don't have more hours, so I could have done more of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - I feel the same way about my 20s. I'm 29, and it feels like the great accomplisment of the past nine years has been college degrees, marriage, and career. Practical but boring.

    Elizabeth - I love the way you look at regret. I'm with you on wanting more hours - part of me wishes though that what I wanted to do with those hours was less "good adult stuff" and more "fun person stuff".

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!