07 October 2009

101 Fantasy Reading Challenge



It's time to add another challenge. Bella at A Bibliophile's Bookshelf has started a Fantasy Reading Challenge. The complete list can be found at here. It includes 813 fantasy titles nominated, voted on, and then compiled by Bella and Jo.

The challenge asks participants to:

1. Pick the number of books you want to read. It can be a mixture of the top 101, and/or the whole list. For example, you might want to aim to read 5 from the top 101 and 5 from the rest of the list.
2. Create a list of the books you want to tackle. You can create a list now, or add them as you go. Completely up to you.
3. This is a perpetual challenge.

The Re-Reads
Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters, and Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Dracula by Bram Stoker
The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix,
Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins

The New Reads
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
All Together Dead, From Dead to Worse, and Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
City of Bones, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

So that's the plan....and off I go.... :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! Stardust is a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola - Have you joined? I've even been toying around with the idea of reading more on the list, but I'm not willing to commit myself to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trisha
    I hope this comment makes it to you, since I know your blog is now self-hosted, so I may have to go comment on your new blog.

    Anyway welcome to the challenge. I hope you have a lot of fun with it. You have a fabulous list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella - Yep, everything seems to have transferred over just fine - even the followers which I was a bit worried about. I'm really excited to start reading for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!