08 October 2009

Hidden in Plain View


Pick a random book from your library and tell us:




  • title, author, #of pages, edition, (tags, and collections if LT)



  • why that book is in your library



  • whether you've read it or not



  • if so did you like it and why;



  • if not, do you plan to read it?



  • how and when you acquired the book




  • I used PsychicScience.org to generate two numbers to identify a book in my LibraryThing catalog. The first number was the page of my library; the second, the book. I ended up with book number 20 on page 7 which is...



    Dangerous by Nora Roberts is a 544 page collection of three romance novels: Risky Business, Storm Warning, and The Welcoming. The thread tying these stories together - outside of the fact they were all written by Roberts - is that the main characters are in some way involved with or implicated in a murder. There's nothing quite like having wild sex and falling in love over a nice cold corpse. Ewwww....

    Seriously though, I love Nora Roberts, and I have a copy of almost every book she's written (not every edition, just every book). I keep them on hand for quick, easy, smutty reads. While I prefer her series, I did enjoy this collection, and while I can't remember when or where I go tthe book, chances are it has been on my shelf for at least seven years.

    Has anyone else read this?

    2 comments:

    1. I once got a bag of used paperbacks, and remember that there were a couple of Nora Roberts novels amongs those books. I never read them, and they travelled along to the next person in line for a stack of books. But I see her mentioned often enough, and maybe those I got were just not appealing to me?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Louise - I think you have to be in the right frame of mind for romance novels. Personally I only read Roberts, Sandra Brown, Elizabeth Lowell, and Jayne Ann Krentz in the genre, but I do enjoy them when I'm looking for a quick read.

      ReplyDelete

    Talk to me baby!