25 November 2009

Ge-go, I pee!





...for a second Gregor succeeded in thinking of himself as a warrior. A bold, brave, powerful warrior that the Underlanders would tell stories about for centuries. He could almost see himself leading a squadron of bats into battle, stunning the rats, saving the Underland from -

'Ge-go, I pee!' announced Boots.

And there he stood, a boy in a goofy hard hat with a beat-up flashlight and a bunch of batteries he hadn't even tested to see if they still had juice.

The mighty warrior excused himself and changed a diaper.

~Suzanne Collins
Gregor the Overlander


Where's the strangest place you've changed a diaper?

4 comments:

  1. What a funny quote! I don't know that I've ever changed a diaper in an odd place. I remember changing my son's diaper in the back seat of the car several times (and I'm so glad those diaper days are over).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyce - I don't have kids, but I can imagine that any place other than home can be an awkward situation. Silly kids just won't sit still for it half the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have children, and I will never change another diaper now that my sister's out of them. What will I do if I am given the hopefully temporary responsibility of caring fora young one, you ask? Easy. They can learn to do it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!