22 November 2009

Sunday Salon: I Will Conquer


I put a visual post up about challenges here.  Now it's time to start getting down to the fun part: coming up with book lists for my insanity.  I love creating book lists; researching and choosing books to read is part of the fun for me, even if I don't end up reading what I initially put on my lists - it's very rare that I actually stick to a plan.  I'm too spontaneous for that.

The only problem I foresee: It's not even December yet, and I'm already piling on the 2010 challenges.  But I have faith that I will conquer Mt. Challenges.


Currently Reading
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut:  I'm absolutely loving it.  I started it yesterday, and I guarantee I'll finish it today. The characters in this novel are proving to be infinitely interesting, and the 'religious aspects' of Bokononism are oddly appealing...even the foot part...

Challenge Update
100+ Challenge: 98/100
The Dream King Challenge: 10/12
Sookie Stackhouse: 6/9
SciFi Challenge: 1/8
101 Fantasy Challenge: 0/12
Unlock Worlds Challenge: 4
Women UnBound: 1/8
18th and 19th Century Women Writers: 0/2
YA Reading Challenge: 0/25, starts Jan. 1
GLBT Challenge: 0/4, starts Jan. 1
Flashback Challenge: 0/6, starts Jan. 1
TBR Challenge: 0/12, starts Jan. 1
Books to Read Before I Die: 0/10, starts Jan. 1
100+ Challenge: 0/100, starts Jan. 1
Rory Gilmore Project: 38/244 read; only 5 reviewed

Now wait, the beginning of this post suggested some lists didn't it?  All that talk about creating lists and the such not.  Well, I'm posting my reading challenges list in a Google Doc to share with everyone; unfortunately I'm not quite done yet, so link coming soon.

If you have suggestions for books for these challenges or for other challenges, let me know.

10 comments:

  1. Quite a lot of challenges you have going on. I just signed up for the 2010 challenge and the YA fiction challenge. I need to start getting my list together for the GLBT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola - I'm still working on my lists. I could probably work on my lists for months and still not want to follow them later though, which worries me since some of them require you to stick to your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to read Cat's Cradle again! You have some wonderful challenges. I myself can only rarely stick to a reading plan - too many different other books come to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, well that's not TOO long of a challenge list, especially since a lot don't begin until January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a lot of challenges! I'm trying to keep a handle on mine so I don't over commit. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhapsody - I really enjoyed Cat's Cradle, and I can't believe I put it off for so very long!

    Amanda - After roaming the blogosphere, I realized that many many bloggers are signed up for way more than I am.

    Gavin - I thought so too, but it seems I'm still not signed up for near the amount of many others. You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to know your joining in on RoryGilmore Books Project and wow u have completed 38 already. Very cool. I will mail u other details

    All ur other challenges look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona - I was excited to see the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trisha -
    Very cool we have a bunch of challenges in common. I have quite a few links for books for each on my goodreads account within the post for each of the challenges. If you are looking for books especially within spec fic.

    Shellie

    Sci Fi challenge
    Women Unbound
    are up and live

    GLBT 2010
    101 Fantasy Challenge
    still need to be posted

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shellie - We'll have to keep each other motivated on our shared challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!