05 November 2009

Trisha on TV: An Ode to Shows I Miss


An Ode to Shows I Miss

Oh television, that small screen of dreams
How often do you provide pleasure for my eyes
And mind, only to flirt and tease and titillate
Before removing those wondrous images from sight.

Some forces of stimulation were ripped from me mid-coitus
But others petered out before the buttons on my blouse had even come undone

Why did you terminate Terminator?
Was John’s sexy stare not enough for you?
Did his well-toned brain join Lucas’s
Well over Six Feet Under on SeaQuest DSV?

You made me love The Nanny’s laugh
And then stripped her from me
Just like you flew me away from China Beach
And didn’t even leave me the safety of Homefront

How did those sexy Heroes get so distracted?
Were they abducted by the aliens in Roswell?
Someone please find me a Stargate
And I don’t care if it’s on Atlantis or the 3rd Rock from the Sun.

I need to take a Quantum Leap back in time
With Moonlighting my way, screaming
To Seinfeld that I’m Mad About You
Until I’m Pushing Daisies.

And don’t even get me started on Carnivale and Firefly
The only two who ever had me interested in a three-way
But were ripped from me, leaving me breathless and confused.
If only two were to return, bring these to me.

Oh, dear, sweet television
My fickle role-playing lover
How I miss the days past when you rained
Sweet kisses on my open eyes.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I actually know and have seen quite a number of the shows you mention (and miss) even though I do not know all of them since they have not all been aired here in Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! So many of the shows I like get canceled -- I miss "Arrested Development" so much. And I was one of three people watching "Knights of Prosperity" before they yanked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun! Looks like we love (and miss) a lot of the same shows. My husband says he's no longer going to watch a new show until it's second or third season - he's still so devastated about losing Carnivale! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise - They were wonderful shows weren't they?

    Jenners - I have to admit I've never seen Knights of Prosperity.

    Elizabeth - The loss of Carnivale was a bit like suddenly having your arm yanked off or your brain scrambled with an egg beater. It was such a good show.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!