12 December 2009

2010 TBR Challenge


MizB's TBR Challenge is just what I need to get me going on the amazingly large list of books I own but have not yet read. I would tell you the number, but it's too embarrassing. My TBR pile is larger than most people's library.

The Rules:
12 books total at any time: no re-reads
No changing the list after January 1, 2010
Overlap with other challenges is fine

List of 12
  1. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
  2. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
  3. Three Lives by Gertrude Stein
  4. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  5. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
  6. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
  7. White Noise by Don DeLillo
  8. Gravity's Rainboy by Thomas Pynchon
  9. In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
  10. Cavedweller by Dorothy Allison
  11. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
  12. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

List of 12 Alternates
  1. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  2. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  3. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  4. Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton
  5. She by H. Rider Haggard
  6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
  7. Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
  8. Dune by Terry Pratchett
  9. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  10. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick
  11. Howl by Allen Ginsburg
  12. Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

5 comments:

  1. I've only read one book in your whole list - The Glass Castle (which is so awesome). I'm doing this challenge too. I did it this year, and loved the structure. It forces me to read what was interesting to me at one moment in time, which is a big feat for me and my fickle heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lists, Trisha! I sure hope you are asking for an e-book for Christmas. I know you would love having one.

    I am currently reading Frances Mayes's A Year in the World...lacks the magic of Under the Tuscan Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy - I'm glad to hear it's awesome; maybe I'll start with that one.

    Deb - I just can not decide on the e-reader. Do you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading The Awakening right now. It's a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy - Excellent! It's great to hear that before reading a book.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!