12 December 2009

Books to Read Before I Die

The list of books I want to read before I die is unbelievably long, so this challenge is a nice kick in the pants. The idea is to make a list of 10 to 20 books that I really want to read, and then duh-duh, read them. I'm staying small on this and sticking with 10.

List of 10
  1. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
  2. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
  3. Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
  4. Howl by Allen Ginsburg
  5. Genius by Harold Bloom
  6. Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
  7. White Noise by Don DeLillo
  8. Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
  9. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  10. Moby Dick by Herman Melville

6 comments:

  1. I joined the Fill in the Gaps Challenge back in April, where you pick 100 books you want to read in the next 5 years to fill in your reading gaps. You can't change your selections, but you can fail up to 25%. I'm using my fail percentage for books I start and can't stand. So far, I've only had to do that with 4 (I've finished 32).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trisha, I'm so glad you decided to join this challenge. I hope you get to read lots and 5 star books in the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - Congrats! Finishing 32 in the first eight months is an excellent start.

    Diane - I'm excited. Hopefully I'll stick to it as these are books I've been meaning to read for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I have actually read alot on this list surprisingly. Good luck with Gravity's Rainbow. It is a doozy

    ReplyDelete
  5. PnP - Yeah, the problem with most of these books is that reading them requires effort; and I've been highly remiss in difficult books these past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't decided if I want to do this one or not. Good luck with the challenge though!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!