13 December 2009

Graphic Novels Challenge

Rules and guidelines:

* The challenge starts on January 1st 2010 and ends on December 31st (but we don't mind you starting early.)
* You don't have to make a list beforehand (but you can, of course! Lists are great because they give ideas to people who aren't sure what to read. And if you do make one, don't feel forced to stick to it!)
* There will be mini-challenges! Look for a post with more info on that soon.
* Overlaps with other challenges are totally fine.

The Levels: You're more than free to adjust your level of participation after the challenge has begun
Beginner (3 Comics or Graphic Novels)
Intermediate (3-10)
Expert (10+)

I'm going for Intermediate, and I just love the range of that level!

My List
  1. Fables: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham
  2. The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman
  3. The Eternal Smile by Gene Luen Yang and Derek Kirk Kim
  4. britten and brulightly by Hannah Berry 
  5. Coraline by Neil Gaiman 
  6. The Alcoholic by Jonathan Ames
  7. The Surrogates by Robert Venditti
  8. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
  9. Deogratias: A Tale of Rwanda by J.P. Stassen 
  10. Fables: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham 
  11. Trickster by Matt Dembicki 
  12. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel 
  13. Incognegro by Mat Johnson 
  14. Fables: Storybook Love by Bill Willingham 
  15. Fables: March of the Wooden Soldiers by Bill Willingham 

4 comments:

  1. I'll be joining this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Good luck and have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so there! I've been waiting for this one. This genre is going to be new territory for me, of which I am excited to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - Awesome. Are you putting together a list of possibilities?

    Nymeth - I stole almost all of them from your blog! :)

    Sandy - It's relatively new to me too, so I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!