14 December 2009

Movie Review: Fired Up




Title: Fired Up!
Director: Will Gluck
Starring: Eric Christian Olsen, Nicholas D'Agosto, Sarah Roemer
Release: February 20, 2009
Country: USA
Genre: Comedy
Rated: PG-13
First Viewing: July 30, 2009

Plot Synopsis
Nick and Shawn, two popular football players, decide to join their school's cheer team so they can go to the cheer camp and get with the 300 girls who will be there.

My Thoughts
Hilarious and not exactly what you would expect. For example, there are no wayward boobs flopping around in this movie. I definitely expected gratuitous boob shots; it seemed like that kind of movie. Somehow though, Gluck managed to make a brains-free, low-humor, sex-obsessed, teen-type film without throwing around a ton of naked female bodies. There are definitely half-dressed...er...1/4 dressed girls jumping around, but really there is just as much naked boy.

Many critics didn't like this film, but I think they made a mistake in viewing - they watched it from a serious perspective. In my opinion, this was more like a parody, and if viewed in that way, the film stands out as a subtle but vivid wink at the popular teen films. Plus, it was good naughty fun.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't yet seen this movie, but it looks like something that I would enjoy and find silly and fun. I agree that taking this movie seriously is probably not the best way to enjoy it, but I think watching it with the proper perspective would be really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zibilee - It was definitely a fun watch. You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my husband's type of movie ... but he would need the boob shots!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenners - There's a bit of girl on girl kissing, so that combined with lots of girls in their underwear, may make up for the less than ideal number of boob shots (for the husbands). :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!