31 January 2010

The Sunday Salon: Finishing out the Month

January Reads

Books Read:
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
The Flies by Jean-Paul Sartre
Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Fabulous Beast by Jayne Ann Krentz
Mystic by Lisa Jackson
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman
Paper Towns by John Green
Sweet Wind, Wild Wind by Elizabeth Lowell
britten and brulightly by Hannah Berry
A Perfect Day for Banana Fish by J.D. Salinger

A few of the non-book-review posts I made:
Seasons 1-3 of Torchwood , an absolutely fantastic television show
Some thoughts on Ancient Egypt and an observation about the world's first strip club...maybe
Some thoughts on Ancient Mesopotamia: Who doesn't like Ancient Sumerian goddesses?
Woohoo for the BEA and BloggerCon!
Bringing Literature back to English Studies is an important and confusing topic for me

Currently Reading
Reading is rather random right now.  I'm still reading the anthology portion of Gay Rebel of the Harlem Renaissance for my upcoming Classics Circuit post.  My posts on the Ancient World are in conjunction with my reading of Ancient World in Your Pocket.

Really all I'm doing is waiting for my vacation.  I'm spending 10 days in Ft. Myers Beach, and my big plan is reading.  I'm bringing hush, hush, Uglies, The Knife of Never Letting Go, Skeleton Key, Eragon, and Fingersmith. I can not wait.

Challenge Update: Link takes you to my challenge post with links to reviews

Sookie Stackhouse: 6/9
Graphic Novels Challenge: 2/10
TBR Challenge: 0/12
Books to Read Before I Die: 0/10
Flashback Challenge: 0/6
Read the Book, See the Movie: 1/4
Women UnBound: 4/8
Take Another Chance: 5/?
GLBT Challenge: 1/4
Young Adult Reading: 3/25
18/19th c. Women Writers: 0/2
World Religions: 3/?
42 Challenge: 5/42
101 Fantasy Challenge: 0/12
Sci-Fi Reading: 4/8
Rory Gilmore Project: 38/244 read; only 5 reviewed
100+ Challenge: 12/100
Unlock Worlds: Perpetual...

Can anyone tell me why I can never see my name on the Sunday Salon Pipes????

8 comments:

  1. I'm having vacation-longing. Vacation just sounds so nice right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that I'm so impressed that I finished three books in January and yet everyone around me has 10 or more books read.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a great month of reading! i hope you have fun on your vacation and do lots more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of books read! You should check out the "Buck a Book" Challenge over at Del Gal's Book Reviews...here:

    http://delgalreviews.blogspot.com/2006/11/wouldnt-it-be-wonderful-if-we-all-could.html

    You pay yourself a buck for every book you read this year! Imagine the stash at the end!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you recently started posting for Sunday Salon? Yahoo Pipes can only take 500 blogs at a time and I know Sunday Salon is already at the 500-blogs mark. You had a great reading month. I hope next month is just as great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be some vacation! The big question is...which book are you going to read first?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda - I am so ready to leave. There is nothing quite like vacation.

    Jen - I'm a binge reader. I'll have a month where I read like 15 and then a month where I read 1. It's strange.

    Marie - As long as the weather cooperates I plan on getting a tan and possibly losing a pound or two running on the beach..and of course reading.

    Laurel-Rain - I'd be too tempted to amp it up to like 10 bucks a book and then pick only short books....I'm very good at self-deception.

    Vasilly - I've been a Sunday Salon member for quite awhile. My posts used to show up but they haven't for the past couple of weeks.

    Sandy - That is definitely a good question. I've been pondering and I think I may try The Knife of... first. I am, however, open to suggestions. Which do you think is a good book for the plane?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you read all over the map. And you've got some great books lined up for your vacation.

    Are you going to Captiva/Sanibel Islands while in Fort Myers? I love those beaches ... excellent shells. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!