23 March 2010

Beautiful Blogger

Tara over at 25 Hour Books awarded me the Beautiful Blogger Award.  Ain't she sweet!?!

Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link to the person that gave you the award
2. Pass the award onto 15 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and think are fantastic
3. Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won
4. State 7 things about yourself

Seven Things About Me
  1. I adore my job teaching college composition, literature, and film.
  2. I think David Lynch and Quentin Tarantino make movies that strip bare your soul.
  3. I'm the most social antisocial person I know.  Meyers Briggs classifies people as introvert v. extrovert; my point total was 11 extrovert and 10 introvert.
  4. I have a rich fantasy life with story lines I build over days, reoccurring characters, soundtracks, entire worlds in my head that I even revisit and modify years later.
  5. My husband and I started dating when I was 16.
  6. I have a four leaf clover tattoo.
  7. I despise housework: cooking, cleaning, laundry, all of it.
Picking 15 bloggers would be an impossibility for me as I wouldn't want to offend anyone.  I can't explain how much I adore all of you, reading your posts, realizing that there are so many people out there who share my passion for books.

For Tara:  I have a little tradition that I started when I first received an award.  So here's your award for being so awesome!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award. I am on the cusp of several things with meyers-briggs. i always score a little differently each time I take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise housework too. My favorite fantasy is a disposable toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a beautiful blogger! I love learning more about you. I think you are right on about Lynch and Tarantino...you can't NOT be moved by their movies. They mess with your mind, which to me, is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I also started dating when I was 16! And I, too, despise any housework, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks!

    I'm also a social antisocial who hates housework :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with ya on the introvert/extrovert scale. I feel like such a cop out sometimes. lol

    Well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your job really does sound amazing. And housework just sucks :P Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the housework, but I do love a clean house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole - Personalities are fluid and situational in my opinion, so things like MB are a bit unclear.

    Rhapsody - What a wonderful idea!

    Sandy - Aww, thanks. I am soooo glad I was assigned you for the Secret Santa. It's been wonderful reading your blog and getting to know you. And it is wonderful to find another book blogger who loves movies as much as I do!

    Amanda - You will always be my first. :)

    Jenny - Wow, it's so unusual to meet someone else who married the guy they started dating in high school! Very cool!

    Tara - We could start a club. The SSAASNHEC, pronounced sassnik - the Sometimes Social Always Anti-Social No Housework Ever Club.

    Andi - My husband is convinced I'm actually a social person, but I'm lazy; and my mom is convinced, I'm antisocial but scared to give myself up to it totally. :)

    Nymeth - I do love it; although the grading is overwhelming.

    Jill - Exactly. I hate to clean, but I hate living in a mess too. Hence, the need for a maid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the great award! You and I have a lot in common, including being a balance between extrovert and introvert and having a rich fantasy life.

    Not sure how I feel about Lynch and Tarantino, though. It took me 16 years to be brave enough to sit through Pulp Fiction, and I almost ran out of the room during the "gimp" scene. :-D

    Do you have an online syllabus for your film class? I am dying to know what you cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award! I am intrigued by the fantasy worlds you come up with. Do you write all of it down? I don't hate all housework but if someone just cooked and washed the shower, I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie - I will definitely send you a copy of the syllabus if you want. Email me at eclectic.eccentric@hotmail.com and I'll get some samples of what I do to you.

    Rebecca - I actually don't write it all down since it's so clearly plagiarized and manipulated from various sources. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats chicklet! Very well deserved. Oh I took Meyers Briggs for work and it was close for my personality also. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has extensive daydreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny Girl - It is just so great to hear about all these other people having as vivid of imaginations as I do, and using them!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!