12 May 2010

BEA Fuzzy Plans

The BEA and Blogger Con are fast approaching, and I find myself getting more and more anxious. What it really comes down to is this:  I would love to meet up with you guys, and currently I have very fuzzy plans.  If any of you out there are also wondering what you'll be doing at the BEA, I would love to hear from you.

Here is my first run-through on events. Totally a draft, these are just some possibilities for me, hence the overlap. I haven't even come close to reading all the authors who will be there for signings.

Monday
I arrive in NYC, hopefully at the hotel by 1pm. Heading to the Javitz to get the lay of the land and then something touristy!  Maybe The Strand?  Ellis Island?  Then some dinner of course.
Author Panel at Borders at 7pm
Teen Author Carnival at Jefferson Market Branch Library from 5-8pm (most likely choice)

Tuesday
10:15-11:45 Online Website Promotion
4:30-5:30  Editor's Buzz
6 Barbara Streisand Keynote

I am pretty sure I'm going to forget all about Tuesday BEA stuff and just spend the entire day doing touristy things.  If anyone is interested, let me know!

Wednesday
10-11  YA/Adult Crossover
11-11:50 YA Crossover
10:30-11:30  Dystopian Fiction Panel
11-11:50 Paranormal YAL
2-3:15 Editor's Buzz (YA Authors)
3-3:50  Steam Punk

Author signings including Brunonia Barry, James Dashner, Rick Riordan, Melissa Marr....

7-9 Celebration of Book Bloggers at The Algonquin Hotel
I've heard something about a Tweet-Up but I don't know what that is??

Thursday
9:30-10:30  Big Name Authors with Graphic Novels
2:30-3:30 Hot Fall Graphic Novels
2-3 YA Authors of the Editor's Buzz

8-9 Adult Author Breakfast (not going, but hovering around looking for Mary Roach)
12-2 Adult Author Lunch (not going, but hovering around looking for Sara Gruen)


Lit Pub Crawl?  I know I heard this somewhere, but I have no idea what it is.

4-6 Book Blogger Conference Reception


Friday
Book Blogger Conference!!!

Saturday
I don't have to leave for the airport until early afternoon, so I'm up for breakfast!

So you know who to look for....
In case I'm too lazy to do my hair that day...

If you want to meet up for BEA or non-BEA fun, email me at eclectic.eccentric[at]hotmail.com. I'd love to exchange contact information and/or set up a specific meeting time and place.

And everyone should go get pictures up on your blogs so I'm not walking past you obliviously!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, would I love to go to something like this.

    All those books...must be what Vegas feels like to an gambler.

    Have fun!! Can't wait to hear about all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to meet up with you in New York! I've just sent you an email, which I've actually been meaning to do for the last week and a half. Sorry! Hope to see you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good, I'm not the only one who's fairly clueless about her plans.

    I'll be in NY all week, and so far the only thing I know for sure is I'll be at the Algonquin on Wed night. And Book Blogger Con on Friday.

    My mom will be in town with me, so I don't want to totally abandon her.

    I'll email you with my # though...I'd love to meet up if it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sniff...how 'bout I e-mail you my picture and you just carry it around and pretend I am there having fun with you. I actually signed up to win an expenses-paid trip to BEA. I can only hope. But I intend to plant the seed early for next year. I have to figure out a way to get there cheaply, and convince my mom to come down here and take care of my kids. I'm so jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it took me a whole day to get back to you! I was totally caught up in reading yesterday. Looks like our plans are running on pretty close to the same lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so darned cute ... I totally envisioned you like your blog icon so I was surprised to see your blonde hair!

    I wish I was going to BEA .. I was all signed up and then I had to cancel because of child care issues. I hope to go next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just sent you an e-mail! I'll be in the city for a few days prior to BEA, but I won't be at the blogger con, unfortunately.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time. Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad I can't make it this year--I had really hoped to swing it but just can't with work.

    I hope you have a fabulous time and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Empress - That is a great comparison!

    Sandy - I will keep my fingers crossed that you win the trip!

    Jenners - That sux! Silly kids need to learn how to take care of themselves....

    Stacy - I wish you were coming!

    Trish - Just quit your job.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've firmed up my plans a little more since my last post and it looks like we have some overlap. I say we go out to breakfast together Saturday morning! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, I didn't realize it was during the week. Shame on me! But I'm not going :( so I'll file this away for future reference. Have a great time and sad I won't be able to hang with all you bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!