20 May 2010

BEA Plans!!!


Monday
  • I arrive in NYC, hopefully at the hotel by 1pm. 
  • The Strand at 3pm with a gaggle of bloggers.  Is gaggle insulting?
  • Teen Author Carnival at Jefferson Market Branch Library from 5-8pm

Tuesday
  • Ellis Island in the morning with Jenny and Amanda! I am really geeking out over this.
  • 2k10 (Debut YAL authors) 6-8 at Books of Wonder

Wednesday
Breakfast with Nat and Amanda and then heading to the Brunonia Barry signing!  I also want to pick up tickets for Rick Riordan, but so far I have no clue how to do that.  I'm such a procrastinator spontaneous person.

The rest of the schedule:  (and yeah, yeah, yeah, there's overlap)
  • Brunonia Barry at 9:30
  • James Dashner at 11
  • YA/Adult Crossover 10-11 in Room 1E16
  • Dystopian Fiction Panel 10:30-11:30 at the Uptown Stage
  • YA Crossover 11-11:50 at the Midtown Stage
  • Paranormal YAL 11-11:50 at the Downtown Stage
  • Lunch with a gaggle of bloggers ( I just like the word gaggle ) at noon
  • Steam Punk 3-3:50 at the Midtown Stage
  • Rick Riordan 3-4
  • Melissa Marr 4-5
  • Algonquin Hotel for the Celebration of Book Bloggers from 7-9


Thursday
  • Big Name Authors with Graphic Novels 9:30-10:30 in Room 1E14
  • Lunch and the High Line with Jill
  • Hot Fall Graphic Novels 2:30-3:30 in Room 1E14
  • Book Blogger Conference Reception 4-6 
  • Dinner with Megan

Friday
Book Blogger Conference!!!

Saturday
Breakfast, like a big one! Then unfortunately, I have to go home... : (

So you know who to look for....
In case I'm too lazy to do my hair that day...

If you want to meet up for BEA or non-BEA fun, email me at eclectic.eccentric[at]hotmail.com. I'd love to exchange contact information and/or set up a specific meeting time and place.

And everyone should go get pictures up on your blogs so I'm not walking past you obliviously!

16 comments:

  1. What time is the breakfast Wednesday? Nat mentioned it to me but I hadn't heard back from her about it yet. I'd love to join you guys if you aren't sick of me yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, Trisha. Oh how I wish I could got to that breakfast with you and Nat and Amanda...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You suck! But still I love you. Please spread my goodwill. Get a feel for the lay of the land, so when I do decide to come to this event, you can lead me around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous. I want to go so bad but I hope you have a wonderful time. And can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pub crawl info...

    Goodreads New York City Literary Pub Crawl
    SCHEDULE:
    7:00 p.m. Cocktail hour at Housing Works Bookstore & Cafe.
    8:00 p.m. Readings by Colson Whitehead, Emily St. John Mandel and Amy King at Housing Works
    9:00 p.m. Head out to Botanica and Tom & Jerry’s. PLEASE NOTE: Tom & Jerry’s is CASH ONLY (though there is an ATM machine in the bar).
    10:30 p.m. Head to KGB Bar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda - No clue! And I highly doubt I will be sick of you!

    Nymeth - I wish you could be there too!

    Sandy - You know, you and Nymeth really need to find a way to magically appear...

    Morgan - I'll be sure to write multiple posts in excruciating detail when I get back!

    Jill - Thank you! Two people gave me the info today. Obviously I am rather oblivious on how to find this sort of stuff on my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're just in gaggles all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to meet you at The Strand on Monday!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Gaggle" is a terrific word -- it's one we should all use more often. I won't be at the conference, but it's great to see your beautiful face. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect situation for the use of gaggle!

    Have a fab time and sorry I will not be there in person, but in spirit. Be safe and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! I'm excited about Tuesday too! It looks like we'll be going to a lot of the same things after that too. I still haven't decided if I'm going to do the Strand/TAC or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenners - I believe in the power of the gaggle!

    Anna - I can't wait to meet you! I'm so freaking excited it's a bit pitiful.

    Stephanie - I wish you were going!

    Jenny Girl - I thought so too! Wish you were going.

    Jenny - Sweetness! You should come to Strand/TAC if for no other reason than to be part of a gaggle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you need a dinner date for Thursday evening post-blogger con reception (I do!)? Between the two of us we should be able to locate some food! Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds excellent Megan! I'd love to go to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Looking forward to it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read all about your exciting BEA week!! I was able to get in one day and thought it was all so FAB! Next year I'm planning on getting in on it all!!! Wish I could have bumped into you and said hello, but there's always next year!... Gosh I love The Strand!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!