09 June 2010

BEA Books 2: Specially Signed

Time for some more of the many wonderful books I picked up while in NYC for BEA and BBC. I've already discussed one very special book I received, but now we are moving on to the piles...

The first pile includes all of the signed copies.  Some of these books I actively pursued, some were more or less thrust upon me, and some had short lines so I jumped in. In order, bottom to top, right to left (because I can) they are as follows.

Pope Annalisa by Peter Canova
The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry
Aberrations by Penelope Przekop
Of All the Stupid Things by Alexandra Diaz
Vampires by Konstantinos
Werewolves by Konstantinos
Blue Skies, Red Soil by David T. Mudra
Countdown to Lockdown by Mick Foley
NERDS: M is for Mama's Boy by Michael Buckley
A Spark of Blue Flame by Sandra Stanley-Stone
Call from Jersey by P.F. Kluge
ghostgirl: Lovesick by Tonya Hurley
Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
Split by Swati Avasthi
Kicking In by Richard Wirick
Mistwood by Leah Cypess
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Empire of Illusion by Chris Hedges
Shift by Rachel Vincent
Into the Dark by Gena Showalter
Trickster by Matt Dembicki (not pictured)

Normally, I would give you a nice synopsis of each book to whet your appetite, but to do that for 21 books would be a bit time consuming ridiculous.  The pile has fiction and non-fiction, adult and YA, chunksters and short stories, romance and murder, girly girls, gothy dark guys, and um...Mick Foley!  There are female popes, narcoleptic girls, talking animals, paranormals, and immigrants.  A lovely collection that illustrates my eclectic reading.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go read.

7 comments:

  1. Great list :) I have a few of those, but am really interested to hear your thoughts on the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love your paragraph describing the eclectic nature of the list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guardian of the Gate SO JEALOUS :-)
    Way to go, enjoy your reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got a lot signed! On the second day I did get more signed than I planned because a lot of the lines were short and/or moving fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowza! Now that is a diverse collection of books. Seems like the only think they have in common is that they are all signed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone - Thanks for the comments. I have to admit that I keep staring at my piles on the floor and wondering if I can somehow quit my job just to read...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pope Analisa? Havent heard of that one. Will wait to see what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!