20 June 2010

Sunday Salon: The Awards Pages

I am absolutely terrible at acknowledging awards, and I'm even worse at giving them out. To make up for this a bit, I thought I'd go over the most recent awards I've received.

I received the Prolific Blogger Award from Stacy at A Novel Source. I have to say that this is one of the most blush-causing awards because of its description: "A Prolific Blogger is one who is intellectually productive, keeping up an active blog with enjoyable content." Now for the five active, intellectual, enjoyable bloggers I want to pass the award on to:

Ana at Things Mean A Lot
Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness
Allie at Hist-Fic Chick
Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here
Amy at Amy Reads

Rebecca at Lost in Books gave me the Happy 101 award.  I'm supposed to write 10 things that make me happy, and then pass the award on to ten other bloggers. So stream-of-consciousness on happiness:  my family, books, food, sunshine, riding my bike, comments on my blog, babies just learning to walk, Jake Gyllenhaal, Family Guy, and coca-cola.  And here are some bloggers that make me happy:


Jill at Fizzy Thoughts
Stephanie at Laughing Stars
Cass at Bonjour, Cass!
Megan at Leafing Through Life
Nat at In Spring it is the Dawn
Stacy at A Novel Source
Kayven at Reading Between Pages
Stephanie at Reviews by Lola
Stacy at Stacy's Books
Jill at Rhapsody in Books

The Empress over at Good Day, Regular People passed on the Best Name for An Award Ever - Master of Karate and Friendship Award.  That's right ladies and gentlemen I am Chuck Norris.  I think these five bloggers are funky enough to appreciate this most awesome of awards as well:


Raych at Books I Done Read 
The Empress at Good Day, Regular People
Pam at Bookalicious
Reagan at Miss Remmers' Reviews
Sandy at You've Gotta Read This

The Bodacious Award for Blogging Book Reviewers was given to me by both Kayven at Reading Between Pages and Lisa at Bibliophiliac. Now, I'm supposed to list the last five books I've read, but if you want to know what I'm reading, you should head over here.  And of course, the five bloggers who I think deserve this award:

Jenny at Take Me Away
Care at Care's Online Book Club
C.B. at Ready When You Are, C.B.
Melissa at The Betty and Boo Chronicles 
Rebecca at Lost in Books

Reagan over at Miss Remmers' Reviews gave me the Xxtraordinary Blogger Award which asks me to name one extraordinary thing that has happened to me and then pass the award on to five other bloggers. That is a tough one for some reason. I've had many interesting experiences in my life, but trying to pin down the one extraordinary thing is a bit difficult...something not ordinary.... unusual...err...  Once while walking the beach in Mexico, I saw this strange shape on the sand in the distance.  Turns out, it was a line of shoes, snaking through the sand, and covering an area about half the size of a football field.  People had been leaving their shoes there (and any they found on the beach) for quite some time. A pair of my flip-flops joined the strange conga line that day.  I have to say it was a unique experience; somehow more poignant than a line of hundreds of shoes should ever be.

Amanda at The Zen Leaf
Sheila at Book Journey
Avis at She Reads and Reads
Heather at Age 30+...A Lifetime of Books
Lisa at Bibliophiliac

To the many, many wonderful bloggers I read regularly who did not receive an award. I love you too, and everyone gets my famous award....

19 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! I'm not so good at acknowledging them either, mostly because I can't think of how to do so. Like, ten things that make me happy: I couldn't do the one word stream of consciousness thing. I'd have to explain and qualify and it would all get very boring! But thank you - it is wonderful to be on your list, and I love being a Jill bookend, with one of us at each end! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be so good at acknowledging and giving awards, but I have fallen down on the duty over the last six months or so. Bad Sandy. Thank you so much for the award...I love it! Karate baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. A happy way to start a Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you! I tend to not put awards up on my site or pass them on (which is bad, I suppose), but I do really appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for the award, Trisha! I'll post about it in next week's Salon post (since I didn't get it early enough for this week's). Congrats on all your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks from the other bookend! Can I just cheat and leave my ten things here? Books (of course), a day without wind, cute and comfy shoes, sleep, vacations, browsing in bookstores, lunch with friends, cinnamon dolce lattes, lazy weekends, and my laptop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for including me! Your blog makes me happy too :)

    I am AWFUL about giving awards out. I just forget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaaay for all your awards, I am bad also. My new goal is to post as soon as I receive them, we will see for future.

    You have over 100 followers, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thank you so much! I've been called a lot of things, but this might be the first time that bodacious has made the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for thinking of me ... but realize that I'm the World's Worst Awards Person so there is no chance this will be acknowledged or passed on other than this comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the awards...and now I am reminded of the awards I have not posted...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much! I'll get an awards post up at some point to officially recognize it. :)

    And that shoe conga line is one ODD thing, that's for sure ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! humbled, I am. Thank you. I do love the word bodacious. I kiss you back. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why thank you, lady! This alone made me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That's a lot of very cool awards. I haven;t even seen some of these.
    Thank you for passing one along to me. I'm glad to see it doesn't involve some sort of keeping current rule since I always seem to be about a month behind in mt Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone - You are quite welcome! I love reading your blogs, your comments here, and your emails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not only am I also crap at acknowledging awards, I'm also weeks behind with my feed reader (again? always?). Thanks for the award, though. You and your blogging make me happy, too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the award! You are so sweet! I love your blog and I am so happy you got all these awards. Well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!