24 August 2010

Dracula Could Kick Edward's Ass

When I offered up a copy of Dracula, My Love by Syrie James, I asked participants to include the following: In four sentences or less, describe a fight between Dracula and any Twilight character.  Dracula doesn't have to win...but come on...  Here are a few of my favorites:

Amy from A Librarian's Life in Books
Edward slumped to the ground after being thrown against a wall by the strong, lithe arm of Dracula.  Bella, eyes wide, trembled with stake in her hand.  Dracula beckoned to her.  She stepped forward, tripped clumsily, and landed on her own stake.


Megan from Write Meg
As Dracula descends from his perch, Edward Cullen squints in the moonlight to make out his adversary's features. It doesn't take long for Edward to feel the first burning, piercing puncture wound; and, as he draws his last non-breath, Edward's last sight is of Dracula's cold face -- his mouth a thin, red line.

Briana from The Book Pixie
Dracula and Edward face off. Edward runs and then leaps towards Dracula who is patiently awaiting his attack. Unimpressed, Dracula snaps Edward's neck and sinks in his teeth to discover Edward isn't really a vampire at all but simply a vampire wannabe. Who knew?

Michelle from The True Book Addict
Edward, with his super strength, fastens his steely grip on Dracula's throat.  Mistakenly, he looks in Dracula's eyes and is mesmerized by his glamouring ability.  He starts to relax his grip, but then Jasper and Emmett arrive and the three proceed to tear Dracula limb from limb and then burn the pieces.  Sorry Dracula!

Anyone want to add in some new Dracula v. Edward scenarios?

AND THE WINNER OF DRACULA, MY LOVE IS...

MEGAN FROM WRITE MEG!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chuckle this morning! Love that post title too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I have the satisfaction of having dusted two obnoxious Twilight characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may not have won but atleast my response made your favorites. lol. Yay me. :P

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome! These were all excellent! Great idea Trisha and congrats Meg.
    (However I think Angelus and maybe Spike could give Dracula a run for his money)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Man!!! Poor Edward!!! I wish I'd seen this earlier ... I would have helped my boy out!

    I love Bella tripping on her own stake though!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!