08 August 2010

Sunday Salon: Two Weeks of Fun

This is my goodbye post. For two weeks anyway. Not to worry though; while I'm enjoying my family reunion and the Gladiolus Festival, some amazing bloggers have kindly offered to babysit my blog. So for the next two weeks you will be seeing wonderful guest posts from:

Amy from Amy Reads, Sandy from You've Gotta Read This, James from Ready When You Are, C.B., Ana from things mean a lot, Sheila from Book Journey, Rebecca from Lost in Books, Alexandra from Good Day Regular People, Jenners from Find Your Next Book Here, and Stephanie from Reviews by Lola.

I can promise you that the posts they've written are snarky, intelligent, thoughtful, and entertaining, so be sure to stop by every day! For a quick sneak peak, here are a few pictures that go with their posts....


Now, you know you can't wait to figure out what that's all about.

In case you've missed it, here are some recent posts you may want to check out:  I've been speed-reading through K.A. Applegate's Everworld series and I reviewed books 2, 3, and 4 here. I really think anyone who likes YA adventure and mythology should give it a try.  Speaking of myth, or rather legend, I'm reading The New Annotated Dracula by Leslie S. Klinger and loving it like a hot-nurse when it's sponge-bath time. When I'm done, I plan on reading Syrie James Dracula, My Love: The Secret Journals of Mina Harker, and if you sign up here, you could win a copy and read along with me!

I probably won't get much reading done while the family is here, but I hope to sneak in a chapter of Dracula here and there. See you guys in two weeks! Happy Reading!

17 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip. I can't wait to see which picture goes with my post. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a blast at your family reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be fun to match the pics with the bloggers! that's quite a who's who. have a fun few wks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! I can't wait to read all the guest posts (I love the pig picture!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a nice time off and can't wait to read from your gust posters!! :) And I'm totally signing up for the Dracula, My Love book, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pigs! I can't wait to see what that's about.

    Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the Dracula stuff...I've read mixed reviews on the annotated Dracula and can't decide whether or not to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. James - Not every post has a picture up there! Yikes!

    Stephanie - I will; my family is seriously fun. Time consuming and almost hyperactively fun, but still fun.

    Kathy - Thanks! We seem to always have a great time.

    Care - Not every post has a picture up there; I ran out of energy while getting all those pictures set up properly. I get so annoyed with html. :)

    Kim - Those pigs are hilarious aren't they?

    Coffee and a Book Chick - I think the premise is fascinating for that book.

    Amanda - I love those pigs. Too funny.

    Peppermint - So far, I am LOVING it. But if you haven't read Dracula, don't start with the annotated edition. There's just as much annotation a there is text which makes reading the story a choppy experience.

    Alex - I am lucky enough to not have to travel. Everyone is coming to me! But even though I'll be home, having 25 people in 3 houses for two weeks means no time to get online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I happen to love pigs, so I can't wait to see what that is all about. You have a wonderful two weeks off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great 2 weeks! The pictures have me intrigued - I will have to stop by and see their connection to each guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun!!! I'm looking forward to everyone's posts. And damn ... I should have included a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great time away - dont worry about a thing here. We have it all under control. * heh heh* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!