07 October 2010

Horrorscopes: A Little Book of Misfortunes

Horrorscopes: A Little Book of Misfortunes by Lucien Edwards with illustrations by Eugene Smith is a wonderful collection of horoscopes with a macabre twist. Fun right? This is not the type of book you read cover to cover. It's more like a desk calendar where you get a new bit of fun every day.

October, according to the book, is The Month of Evil Scarecrows. Today, the horrorscope reads as follows:
You are decidedly not a morning person. In fact, before 8am you could be described as the walking dead. To ensure longevity, you must learn to rise and shine. This attribute will come in especially handy when you wake one morning to confront a legion of real zombies.
The month of my birth, April, is The Month of Two-Headed Monsters. My birthday horrorscope says:
Your lust from travel will lead you to fascinating, out-of-the-way locations. Along the way, be sure to learn as much as you can about the cultures you encounter. The knowledge you acquire could prove invaluable when talking your way out of any misunderstandings involving headhunters and your head.
I always knew I would get into a hairy situation like this.

Big thank you to Chronicle Books for sending this one to me. I'm loving it!

10 comments:

  1. I'm an October baby...and that "horrorscope" is right on track!! All I can think about on Fridays is that I don't have to get up early the next day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want I want!!! That's awesome!!!!! I'm guessing this is more like a read-one-per-day sort of setup? Rather than a read-in-one-setting book? Oh this sounds so cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really cute book, and like one I'd like to check out. Thanks for sharing this with us, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday is on Day of the Dead in November. I can just imagine what my horrorscope might be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful little bit of seasonal fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I'd be interested in knowing what mine is. I'll have to look up the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so you know, I saw this little book in B&N today and I was THIS close to buying it, but I didn't want to spend the $13...but oh man it looked awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peppermint - I was surprised by how accurate mine was too!

    Amanda - Put it on your Xmas list! :) Or read a bit of it on every trip to B&N....

    Heather - It is definitely a fun little book.

    Lee - What a perfect day to have a birthday!

    Jenners - I love little macabre things like this.

    She - So far it really is!

    Amy - It's so funny to fit your life into a horro(r)scope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is adorable! Love it and perfect for October.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!