15 October 2010

Movie Review: Sky High


Title: Sky High
Director: Mike Mitchell
Starring: Michael Angarano, Kurt Russell, Kelly Preston
Release: July 29, 2005
Genre: Family, Comedy
Rated: PG
First Viewing: Who Knows?  But I've seen this movie probably five or six times, the result of channel surfing late at night and getting ADDed by the Disney Channel.

Sky High is a high school for kids with special abilities and like every other high school, there are cliques. At Sky High though, there are only two groups: heroes and sidekicks. Will, the son of the two greatest superheroes on the planet, is a sidekick. In the beginning. But predictably, he realizes his true potential in a fight with his archenemy, Warren Peace, whose father was captured by Will's dad. Once he's moved to the hero classes, the fun begins. He makes a few of those lame decisions where he neglects his old friends for his cool new ones; he mistakenly trusts someone and ends up putting the planet in danger; he saves the world and gets the girl. If you think I've "spoiled the plot", you clearly don't watch this genre often enough. :)

I have never set out to watch it, but if nothing else is on and Sky High is, well, it's my fall back entertainment. I have no deep understanding of why this film is so appealing to me.  But there you have it.
 Has anyone else seen this one?

7 comments:

  1. I saw this with my kids once. Meh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own this on dvd , won it in a competition lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can apply Stephanie's comment to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was lots of fun. I'd watch it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one, but I bet it would be great for family movie night! I am going to have to try to grab a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My slim features and tanned skin crown me #1 Beach Body. In a way, I am perfect. But in the emotional sense, no, I am not. In fact, I am broken. My stress level in too high for a 21-year old...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this movie! Well, except who Will winds up with in the end. That was a total not happy maker for me (because I wanted her with someone else). Other than that, it's a lot of fun. Especially yelling out SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE-KICK.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!