10 October 2010

Reading Report: Hours 21-24


Time: 3am - 7am

Totals
Time Reading: 12 hrs 46 mins
Pages Read: 1569
Books Read: 5+
Mini-Challenges Completed: 12
Time Blogging: 5 hrs
Prizes Won: 1

Books Read
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Soulless by Gail Carriger
The Firework-Maker's Daughter by Philip Pullman
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
Cantos X through XII in Dante's Inferno
Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins
Changeless by Gail Carriger (still reading)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Unfortunately it was hour 22 when I succumbed to sleep!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Phantom Tollbooth was absolutely awesome, exciting and easy to read. Soulless and Changeless were absolutely wonderful as well.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, I love it!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I really enjoy the way cheerleading is split up alphabetically.
5. How many books did you read? Five complete books and chunks of two others.
6. What were the names of the books you read? Listed above
7. Which book did you enjoy most? That is much too difficult a question to answer as I read some very, very different books. Comparing them just isn't possible even insofar as enjoyment.
8. Which did you enjoy least? See answer to 7
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Make your own list as your second go-round or so to delete anyone who isn't participating.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will participate whenever I can as both cheerleader and reader! I adore the readathon.

As always I had a brilliant time doing the readathon. I'm a little disappointed I didn't make it the full 24 hours, but at some point my eyes gave out while I was reading on the couch, and to sleep I fell. I woke up a short time later, but I figured giving in and going to bed was the best bet.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to cheer me on! Happy Reading!

19 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had a great time Trisha! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do so well in the read-a-thons! I am amazed that you made it to hour 22. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9: Yes! I try to update the list of readers, but I have a self-imposed block against deleting anyone...I'm afraid someone will come back later and say "but I was there!" But there were so many people that signed up that didn't participate, it makes it tough on the cheerleaders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 22 hours, awww shoot! Still. 22 hours! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Trish, I think you did a fantastic job! I succumbed to sleep during hour 15!
    You read many books & won some challenges, great use of your time!
    I love your organized posts, too!

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job Trisha! I can't imagine reading for 22 hours, and your page count is astronomical! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy - I do so enjoy unapologetic stretches of reading.

    Stephanie - Thanks! I'm sad I couldn't make it the last three hours, but what can you do?

    Jill - I agree with you absolutely. For the organizers to remove a name without validation is too tough of a call.

    James - I know right! Three more hours and I would have made it.

    Amanda - Thanks! I can't remember the last time I fell asleep while reading...if I ever have...but last night/this morning was too much for me.

    Amy - Thanks! I still haven't perfected what I want my readathon posts to include or to look like, but it's getting there.

    Heather - Thanks! I do so love reading for long stretches of time. It's a more natural feel for me than spreading a book out over days or weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! 5+ books...I'm impressed! We won't discuss how poorly I did...LOL. There's always next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did fantastic! I'm glad you had such a blast. And I love "The Phantom Tollbooth." That was an inspired choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those numbers are amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You did awesome and your page count in envious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle - No such thing as a fail! The readathon is whatever you want it to b.

    Jenners - It was totally inspired by another blogger. I'm sad to say it wasn't an original thought. :)

    Melissa - Thanks! I do so love reading in large chunks of time like that.

    Sheila - 13 hours of reading is a whole ton of pages for me, especially when I include very young adult lit and children's chapter books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you managed to get a lot of pages read, in just 13 hours. Good for you! You look like you had a very successful readathon. And you managed to participate in a lot of minichallenges and blogging as well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great advice re: cheerleading! I should have done that instead of bugging Jill with updates of who wasn't participating ;) I'm impressed by how much you got done (not to mention how late you stayed up); great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I second the Phantom Tollbooth nomination! It was a quick and satisfying way to kick off the Readathon.

    I did the same thing with cheerleading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun readathoning with you Trisha! And honestly, I'm not sure anyone made it the full 24--at least not blogs I normally frequent. ;)

    Can't wait to hear what you think of Penelopiad--I've been wanting to read that for a while.

    And I haven't mentioned anything on my blog yet about The Odyssey as I haven't heard anything from you or Jill. Not sure...yay, nay? Does 6 books a week for 4 weeks seem like a lot? Maybe this week I'll work on a button and just post and see who's interested...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your RaT accomplishments! You stayed up longer than I ever have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had a fun readathon. I was sad that I wasn't able to join you all this time around. It's such a great event!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!