11 October 2010

101 Fantasy Challenge


Michelle of The True Book Addict has turned the 101 Fantasy Reading Challenge into a perpetual challenge! Yay!

For this challenge, participants must read from a list of 813 fantasy books compiled through votes.

I'm going to use this challenge to revisit some of my favorites and of course read some new fantasy books.

I've read 60 books on the list, a chunk of which I've never reviewed. As I have forever to complete this one now, I'm hoping I can re-read and review some of my old favorites from the list. As I read (or re-read) and review, I'll post my links here!



Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Dracula by Bram Stoker
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

Rick Riordan: The Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian,

Neil Gaiman: Coraline, American Gods, Anansi Boys, The Graveyard Book,

Suzanne Collins:  The Hunger Games, Gregor the Overlander

JK Rowling:  The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets

Charlaine Harris: Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, Dead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, From Dead to Worse,

5 comments:

  1. Yay Trisha! So glad you're still with us! Great list there. After the first of the year, I'm going to commit to reading one book a month from the list. I'm not doing the mini-challenge because I've got too much on my plate between now and January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds like a fun challenge! If I'm not careful, I'm going to end up joining more challenges than I can reasonably complete. Challenge avoider to challenge addict...in 30 days or less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I haven't read Dracula or Slaughterhouse Five since high school. I really like Sookie and Percy Jackson, and I LOVE Harry Potter. I also want to try some of Neil Gaiman's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun challenge! I've never read Ender's Game, but have always felt like I should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to take a look at the list!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!