28 December 2010

2010 Challenge Wrap Up 3

Ah, Books and Movies, my two favorite things next to food. I did a bit worse than I thought I would, primarily because I was quite slacking on reviews. Alas, what can you do?

Books/Movies Read/Watched: 9

The challenge ended way back in June, but I didn't manage to read all of the Sookie books by that time. Currently, I still have the last published book, number 10, to read...I'm hoping someone bought it for me for Christmas. :)

Books Read: 9

The GLBT challenge has been one of my favorites of the year. Consciously choosing to read books about GLBT characters or by GLBT authors has been a fascinating way to broaden my really old white guy reading.

Books Read: 26

Reading Young Adult novels is so not a problem for me. I love them without guilt. They are exciting, entertaining, and easy reads.

Books Read: 54

Reading for the NonFiction Five got me thinking about the type of nonfiction I read, and I tried to branch out a bit into different areas. I ended up reading a pretty good mix.


Books Read: 12


The Hogwarts Reading Challenge had me classifying the books I read into studies at the wizarding school, which I found to be tons of fun. I seem to be doing really well in Defense against the Dark Arts, but sucking most dramatically at Herbology.


Points Gained: 369

An absolute favorite of mine, the R.I.P Challenge takes place over the best holiday of the year and encourages reading the best kind of book - dark. I only read four this year though and managed to completely dump out on the movies. In my defense, there were some real life issues at the time.


Books Read: 4
I knocked the 100+ on its behind this year, finishing more books than any of the previous years I've been blogging. This is in large part, I think, due to the amazing suggestions I get from fellow bloggers.

Books Read: 142

7 comments:

  1. The problem with the potions and herbology categories is that they involved reading a cookbook and making a recipe from it!! Um...I never read cookbooks or cook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are two books ahead of me! I read 140. You must be a good manager of challenges because it seems like you made the most of them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on doing so well with all of your challenges Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I count 9 book/movies as a success. Hope you had fun with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and see! you did awesome on some of these! woo hoo! I usually do good on the Read-Book-See-Movie challenge but didn't even get half way to my goal of ten. huh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More greatness from you! And 142 books!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!