09 December 2010

The Dystopia Challenge

Dystopia Challenge
Title: The Dystopia Challenge
Host: Bookish Ardour
Timeframe: 2011
Suggested Reading List

My Goal: Contagion Asocial

Challenge Levels
  1. Asocial–  Choose 5 books to read
  2. Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
  3. Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
  4. Drone – Choose 50 books to read
  5. Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
For extra hard challenges
  1. Brainwashed – Choose 76-125 books to read
  2. Totalitarian – Choose 126-200 books to read

Possibilities
Neuromancer by William Gibson
Erewhon by Samuel Butler
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
Feed by M.T. Anderson
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Exponential Apocalypse by Eirik Gumeny
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
Ashfall by Mike Mullin

I know I have more on the TBR shelves, but these were the first ones to pop into my mind. If you have any awesome suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting list, I will look up some of the titles. I am already looking forward to reading your reviews.
    Thanks for pointing out the Dystopia Challenge. I had not seen this yet and it sound like something I might join as a silent non-blogging follower. I have just finished "Oryx and Crake" and wanted to read "The year of the flood" anyway. I put "A clockwork orange" on my list, and "Never let me go". So two more and I am aiming at "Asocial", wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gone-Away World, while nowhere close to being my favorite book, has some humorous quotes in it that I think you might enjoy. Try to get the copy that doesn't have the brain-searing pink cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me that I need to start my challenge shopping. This one seems like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, no HUNGER GAMES? Monsters of Men is outstanding but it's the third in a trilogy (called the Chaos Walking trilogy). It starts with THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO. In protection of my mental health, I may have to stay in the asocial category.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never Let Me Go is phenom. I just couldn't believe how amazing it was, especially since it is hard for me to get into dystopian fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!