29 May 2011

Sunday Salon: Not Enough Time in the Armchair

This past week I have been participating in the Armchair BEA as I am one of the unlucky who were not able to attend BEA/BBC in NYC. I was really smarting from not being able to attend, but the Armchair version certainly helped alleviate some of that pain. I met a ridiculous amount of new bloggers, read some really great blogging advice, and in general, had fun roaming the book-blogosphere.

First, a few new-to-me blogs I would like to introduce you to:


I know I added a few more to my Google Reader, but now I can't remember who's who and what's what, especially since I just un-"Followed" everyone and just subscribed through RSS. Er....yeah, if you notice you have one less follower today that may be why....

I also want to announce the winners of my two Armchair BEA giveaways. First, the lucky winner who will be receiving Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin is:


And the winner of Nyx in the House of Night is:


Congratulations to both of you. As soon as I get my butt in gear, I will ship those books out to you.

As for my own reading, holy sucktastic my blogging friends. I have been remiss. I finished two books last week: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Before I Fall. Have I reviewed said books? Absolutely not. Have I started a new read? Not a chance. I'm seriously slacking in the reading and reviewing department. Some real life stress - to be mentioned in the near future - has made me all ADD.

Hopefully your reading is going a bit better! So how was your week?

19 comments:

  1. Haha! You make me laugh. I did enjoy everyone's Armchair posts, and while you feel you didn't have enough time in the armchair, I had no time in it. My reading is almost nil because I'm twitchy and spastic and am busy making my lists. One good thing is that I have gotten caught up on my reviews - I was so far behind I didn't think I'd ever get there. Hope you have a great holiday weekend and a better reading week next week! (So that was you that made my number of followers go down? At least I know you are still there.)Google still won't let me log in as myself...grrrr. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never be able to go the BEA. It's held during the school year, year after year. I've resigned myself to this and to the two or three other annual events that are also held during the school year. I only I weren't such a dedicated teacher. ;-)

    I'll be checking out the links list, too. But right now Dakota is lying on her side banging her tail against the floor and sighing. Time for her morning walk, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved BEA and making new blogging friends. I didn't keep track of them as you did, but there is some overlap.

    I spent so much time reading BEA posts and commenting and doing all kinds of other stuff that I didn't read much either this week. Ah well, next week, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited that I won! Thank you again for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! I'm glad we were paired up for the interview. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered a lot of great new blogs too. I will have to go through your list to make sure I am familiar with all those blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're reading is slackin' a bit but I wouldn't fret. Mine is just now picking up and it's a good feeling. Like, when you drink water after a drought but if you hadn't had a drought, you wouldn't experience how awesome that drink of water is. (sigh, does that make ANY sense?)
    Do you follow me? is that only a GoogleBlogSpot thing, yes? I wouldn't know nor do I know if anyone has me in their Reader - is there a way t tell that? I seriously have dropped off the blogging stats concern, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh darn grammar! SORRY YOUR. not you're, not you are. goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEA Armchair was a fun week. Congrats to your winners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're able to relax this weekend and that next week is a much better one for you! I haven't read or reviewed as much as I wanted to either last week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, looking forward to seeing what you think about Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the mention, I had a blast with ABEA this year and will definitely be back (if not in NY next year). Going to try to get back in the saddle with reviews myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just been skimming the Armchair BEA posts getting caught up, but it looks like a fun event. It was too bad not to see you at BEA, but we live close-ish so should see each other sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear that I will figure out some way to go to BEA next year. If only it were two weeks later...school would be out and I would easily be able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a lot of fun participating in BEA. The best part was discovering new-to-me blogs. Congratulations to all the winners! :)

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the mention up above! I found your blog as well because of Armchair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recognize a lot of those blogs as new to me too. It was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so excited I won!! Thank you! :)

    Jehara from Quirky Girls Read and I have plans for a joint review of the House of Night series and this will be nice teaser for it.

    This has been a lot of fun and I'm thrilled at all the new blogs I've discovered. This is the best part of this new blogging experience-getting to meet such interesting people.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!