24 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now that's my kind of turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving America! On this day, I thought I would post a few things I am thankful for in a bit-less-than-serious sort of way.

I am thankful....
  • all my friends brush their teeth and shower regularly
  • for air-conditioning and heating
  • I no longer feel bad when I can't answer Jeopardy questions
  • I can hug and talk to my Giant Squishy (pictured right) and my husband doesn't think I'm strange
  • I don't have to work on Thanksgiving or any other holiday
  • my students are compassionate people who understand baby brain makes me an odd duck
  • for surround sound speakers on my giant television
  • for my giant television
  • I don't have to cook anything for Thanksgiving
  • for the changing seasons (except Winter. I don't like Winter)
  • for decaffeinated coffee and creamer
  • for the funds to feed my reading obsession (more would be nice though....)
  • for Alex O'Loughlin, Alexander Skarsgard, and Jake Gyllenhaal

And yes, I kept those pictures big instead of saving space by putting them all next each other in one nice row. But look at them!

On a more serious note, I am most thankful for my husband, family, friends, bloggers, colleagues, students, and The Floppy Alienette. Everything is people.

22 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you girlfriend! Just think, next year, you will be feeding the Alienette pureed pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, what a coincidence - I am thankful for Maggie Gyllenhaal, who is really frickin' hot!! :D

    Happy Thanksgiving to you Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "all my friends brush their teeth and shower regularly"

    I thought… I thought we were friends...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! And now you've made me want an Oreo Turklette...because I don't have enough to eat today, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy - Man does that sound disgusting. Poor babies.

    Amanda - I agree! I love Maggie.

    Jason - hahahahahahahaha

    Vasilly - Same to you!

    Megan - Calories don't count on major holidays and Sundays)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Trisha! How can you not be thankful for anyone named Alex?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you been reading the Steve Jobs bio, too? Because he went through a no shower phase and people had to tell him he really did stink.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah, I was thinking you were reading some Jack Reacher books! Anyway, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I agree with you: there are just certain times that calories don't count! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I'm adding air conditioning to my list as well...you're pregnant and I'm on the other end of that spectrum...thank goodness for cool air!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried decaf. Really did, but I couldn't give it up. Maybe that's why Elle is so hyper?

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex - That's true. It's just such a sexy, sexy name.

    Jill - Ha! I'm a firm believer in showering at least every other day. It's just this thing I do. :)

    Jill - It's unfortunate how easily I can find a way "calories don't count"! :)

    Peppermint - Air conditioning is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

    Carrie - I did! I hope yours was great too!

    Kathy - It was full of family and food, so good stuff.

    Trish - :) I couldn't completely give up my coca-cola (still drinking 3-4 cans per week), so I thought I better give up caffeinated coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to write something but after seeing those pictures I forgot what I was going to say...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh Trisha - you make me laugh.... :) Hope your Thanksgiving was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your list … and your version of turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry, I forgot everything you wrote and everything I wanted to comment upon when I saw the Jake G. pic. I used to have that one as my desktop bg because he's SMOKIN' HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your thankful list! Only a real movie buff would mention her large T.V. AND her surround sound (as 2 separate items). You'd fit in so well in this house! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alex O'Loughlin is the best thing to happen to tv this year. And the fact that the H 5-0 writers have decided he needs his shirt off in every episode is just a little icing on the cake. Now if I could just get me one of those big tvs ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. O'Loughlin is the second reason I watch Hawaii 5-0. Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL I love your list. I am thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!