11 December 2011

Nominate Now!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, dandies and dandizettes, you have less than one month left to nominate your favorite reads of 2011 for the Indie Lit Awards. Do not miss this wonderful opportunity to promote your beloved books. Or you shall regret it.... duh duh duh....

Seriously, you know how ticked off you get when you see some silly, unenjoyable, poorly written, craptastic book win out over that super-fantabulous, intellectually stimulating, totally evocative, most awesome gem you were rooting for? Well don't let that happen. Nominate your favorites and encourage others to do the same!

You may nominate up to five books per genre (but you can only nominate a book once, so don't try to nominate your favorite five times!):

Biography/Memoir
GLBTQ
Literary Fiction
Mystery
Non-Fiction
Poetry
Speculative Fiction

Nominations are open to all readers who do not make their income through the sales of books (i.e. not authors, publishers, or publicists) — hence “independent” from the publishing industry.

This year I am heading the Speculative Fiction panel, along with these amazing bloggers: Ana, Judith, Pam, and Sally. Be sure to head over and nominate your favorite Spec Fic books here!

6 comments:

  1. I only read a handful of new books this year. But since there are a couple that I loved, I'll go nominate them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few that I think would be perfect for nomination, so I will have to go do that. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder - I keep forgetting to figure out my picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol so true, it does suck when a crappy book wins and people would only have themselves to blame...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeessss.... time to get this nominations in so we can find out which are the best books. I can't wait to see the short lists!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!