08 March 2012

Tag! I'm It! Again!

I was tagged once before, so be sure to check out my answers to those questions too! But here we go on the questions Jenners laid down. She freely admits to tagging me so I am stuck in an endless loop of tagging.

Rules
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the  people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!
  1. What’s the most played song on your iPod? (or CD collection if you’re old school) :: Okay, this is a bit embarrassing, but the most played song on my iPod currently is Enrique Iglesias's "I Like It". Yeah, I get crunk up in the club.
  2. What do you miss most about your childhood? :: The lack of responsibility. Absolutely.
  3. What is your favorite poem?  Can I say The Odyssey? Does that count? :)
  4. Without thinking too much, what are 5 of your favorite books of all time? (Just list them as they come to you … don’t think!!!!!) :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Good Omens, Rebecca, The Monk, Inferno,
  5. What was the last book you read? Tell me about it in 5 words or less. Room and Boredom. Dark, mystery, blood, bar, dreaming,
  6. Can you define irony and give an example? (This is self-serving as I’m struggling to do this with my son. I will so steal your answers if appropriate.) :: Instead of giving my own, I thought I would provide a link: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony
  7. If you were forced to change your name, what would you change it to? :: My Lady High Mistress
  8. What author/TV show/movie/book/celebrity, do you have absolutely despise and avoid at all costs? Jersey Shore and anything like it. Sweet god that's just devastating.
  9. What movie was actually better than the book is was based on? :: I know they exist, and I know I've read/seen some, but damn they're eluding me right now. I bet The Notebook was though. I mean watching two hours had to be better than reading it. Right? And True Blood may be better than the Sookie books...Eric, oh my Eric.
  10. Beatles or the Stones? :: Beatles
  11. What is your favorite quote? Ralph Waldo Emerson's "The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common".

My Questions
  1. What is the proper ratio of donuts to milk?
  2. What is the proper book to read while waiting at the DMV which will fully express your disgust with the whole situation?
  3. If you absolutely had to give one or the other up for life, would you choose to give up books or your car?
  4. Does an author's personality have any affect on whether or not you read his/her book?
  5. Eric, Lestat, Edward, or Count Dracula?
  6. Would you rather have a mansion or a private jet?
  7. What book would you recommend to be placed in every prison cell (a la Bibles in hotel rooms)?
  8. Twins by yourself or quadruplets with a nanny?
  9. Austen or Bronte?
  10. Which finger is most important and why?
  11. TV or movies?
And the Tagged
Jenners at Life...with Books That's right. If I'm stuck in a loop, so are you.
Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness
Judith at Leeswammes' Blog
Amy at Amy Reads
Heather at Raging Bibliomania
Stephanie at Reviews by Lola
Darlyn at Your Move, Dickens
Vasilly at 1330v
Megan at Leafing through Life
Jenny at Jenny Loves to Read 
Kelly at Book Dirt

13 comments:

  1. And I know you tagged me, and so did Jenners, and I am a lazy toad. I am so very sorry. Someday I will get to it, when I have an hour of free time. (I know, you have an infant and you've done it twice so i really have no excuse!). Anyway, I'm right there with you on Jersey Shore, or let's say Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Definitely the thing I miss most about my childhood is my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slacker! :) Don't feel like you have to do it. I know some people really hate these things.

      Delete
  2. Okay. Your five favorite books? Four of them are ones I absolutely adore, and the only one I don't is one I haven't read (Hitchhikers - and I can't read it, long story, but it was ruined for me by a fellow writer). I think that's awesome. And personally, I like The Inferno as a poem better than The odyssey. :D

    Yes, The Notebook movie was better than the book. It was kind of sweet. The book was so trashy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great readers think alike. :) That sucks that HHG was ruined for you. And you are right; Inferno is better. I think I like it so much I actually forget that it's a poem.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I so need to read The Monk. I was thinking about it the other day, and for some reason, I passed it by. I loved your answers, by the way. I am going to have to come up with my post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know I'm just going to have to take you up on this and TAG YOU AGAIIN. We're now in a game of chicken, My Lady High Mistress. Who will quit first????

    That link to the irony was AWESOME. Love it!

    Thanks for giving me my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH!!! Great questions! I hope they all answer them because I want to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Jenners are hilarious...how long can you two keep this up?

    And my vote for better movie than book goes to Cold Mountain, because holy crap, did I ever hate that book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Omens, excellent choice. I'm loving your questions, too. Here's hoping you don't get stuck in an infinite tagging loop!

    (Btw, my new blog--Bookzilla--is live. You're one of my top commenters, and I didn't want you to miss out on the change-over. www.amypeveto.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "My Lady High Mistress" - bwahahahaha!! I once jokingly told my students to call me "Queen Emily" and it totally stuck. They insisted on still calling me "Ms", though, so it turned into "Queen Ms. Emily", which was all kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, you tagged me. That means... I'll do my best and write a post. OF course, you deserve to be tagged by each and everyone of the people you tagged... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know that .... YOU'RE IT! (Again!) Mwwwhhahhhaaaa (evil laugh).

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!