Did you ever play Dungeons and Dragons? If so, defend this decision. No, but I really really wish I had. The only reason I never got into it is because none of my friends are geeks like me. I read books, played World of Warcraft, and spent inordinate amounts of time watching scifi on tv, but I also was a cheerleader, a night owl, and rather fun. My friends were primarily of the latter variety....
What magazines do you read? Bitch, Rolling Stone, and mental floss. Well, I subscribe to them anyway....
Have you ever lied about your age? Not really. I do, however, get my age wrong often, sometimes making myself younger and sometimes older.
Do you floss as often as you should? (Your dentist called and asked me to put this on the list.) I never floss. I am anti-flossing. It is clearly a devious ploy by sticky strings to take over the world through tedious time-consuming mind-numbing blah.
What were some of your favorite childhood toys? Books. No, seriously, I read a lot even back then. I do remember a particular fondness for this trunk full of old clothes. My best friend Kelly and I used to dress up and play "Orphan". Who the freak plays orphan?
If you could live in a past era, what would you choose? All of them. The whole "living in the past" idea is like my go-to fantasy. Some dream about the future, some alternate versions of the present, I am stuck in the completely and totally romanticized past. I do have a particular fondness for Victorian London and for the whole frontier Old West America setting. (I know, I know, both are like super typical)
If you could live in a movie, what would you choose? I can't say for sure yet, but I'm thinking living in Magic Mike might be a-okay.
Parlez vous Francais? Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? Actually that's all I know really....
What is the last book that made you cry? (Did I ask this already? I kind of think I might have.) A Monster Calls. Drippy sappy nasty tears right in the Barnes and Noble cafe.
Did you ever fantasize about having a different name when you were a kid and, if so, what was it? Always!!! Cassandra Elliot was quite popular, but I also had a soft spot for Victoria Donovan. Is it just me or do those names sound like they came directly out of some cheesy romance novel?
What is the last song that you couldn’t get out of your head? Now that I have a nutter, I can't stop singing You are My Sunshine (the O Brother Where Art Thou, cheating wife version). Although Inspector Gadget has been running rampant in my head for the past few days.
And now for your new questions my worthy opponent:
- If you could adjust the world so that the typical 8 hours of sleepy time was any 8 hour period, when would that be?
- What ethnicity has the best last names?
- Which is worse: a headache or a stomachache?
- Microwaving bacon. Thoughts?
- Are you a planner when it comes to meals, preparing in advance, or a last-minute cooker with no defrosted meat?
- When you hang pictures on walls, do you eyeball it or bust out a level and tape measure?
- Who wears the pants in your family?
- Is it more likely that the devil is a man or a woman? Why?
- Glee: makes you want to sing and dance or makes you want to slit your throat and die?
- What literary character would you most like to bitch slap?
- If you could make two people, real or imaginary, fall in love, who would it be?