25 January 2013

Tag Chicken

Jenners awesomely created this image, and I shall now shamelessly use it to begin my belated round of Tag Chicken. Did you think I'd given up? HA! I'm just a horrible procrastinator. I shall never relent....

Which celebrity would you rather smack some sense into: Kim Kardashian (now pregnant by Kanye West … did she learn nothing from her 72-day marriage?) or Taylor Swift (who falls in and out love so fast and publicly that I cringe on her behalf)? I think I shall have to go with Kim for this one; although this is due in large part to my absolute disgust of Kanye West. I seriously hate that dude and by default, I hate those who would willingly lay with him all biblically.

Which books coming out in 2013 are you most excited about reading?  I fear I am not knowledgeable enough about upcoming books to give a genuine answer here. The only books coming out this year that I can even remember right now are Sever by Lauren DeStefano and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (and I'm not even up to date on the Clare books). I suppose I could do some research and find out what's coming, but since I'm like two years behind, it would probably just depress me.

If you had to dress from head to toe in one color for the rest of your life, what color would you choose? Black. Most definitely black. It's slimming, and I need slimming. If I were already slimmed, I would say red though. Just cuz it would be awesome.


What are three things on your bucket list and are you doing anything to get them crossed off? 1. Read Lolita. I now own the print version and the audio version, but alas I have not started reading. 2. Learn (basic) sign language. Well, I downloaded an app to teach sign language to children, and I can now sign Twinkle, Twinkle little star... 3. Be Healthy. Yeah, that's just an on-going headache but I am trying.

If you had to pick one word to guide you during this new year, what word would you choose? Focused. I'm generally an off-the-cuff, spontaneous, do what I want when I want, bounce from one activity to the next without completion, random sort of person, and that personality is not practical when one has a child. My lack of focus and scheduling means I constantly feel stressed, I rarely get things done, and I spend more time thinking about everything I have to do (and don't want to do) than actually doing anything.

And now for my questions to Jenners:

  1. Would you rather have a love song or a rock song written about you? And give me a few lyrics you think should be included in the song?
  2. What is the most effective way to vent your anger (you know, when you can't actually bitch slap the person you are mad at)?
  3. Are ghosts or aliens more believable? And which would you rather encounter?
  4. What is the key to a successful marriage?
  5. What do you think Satan's last name is or should be?

18 comments:

  1. Great questions and answers as usual! Totally agree with you about Kim, although Taylor is acting Pretty Darn Dumb herself! Re Sever, did she have to come up with that stupid title that looks like somebody misspelled Fever? And me too for sign language! I have tried though and it is really very hard. I'm about as "good" as it as I am at pronouncing French.... And I love your next questions - can't wait to read Jenners' answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad thing is when I say all three titles in a row, I inevitably pronounce Sever as if it rhymes with Fever...and hence sound like an idiot.

      Delete
  2. If your audio version of Lolita was read by Jeremy Irons you should definitely read that version! It's really good. Also, you guys are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Jeremy Irons version! I've heard such great things. Someday. Someday.

      Delete
    2. Yes...you must listen to Jeremy Irons as Humbert Humbert. You will swoon, and then go "ewwwwwwwwww" and then swoon some more, followed by yet more "ewwwwwwwws." It's an experience not to be missed (and I'm NOT kidding).

      And I think Satan Fluffernutter has a nice ring to it. No?

      Delete
    3. Oooohhhh fluffernutter...now I want one...

      Delete
  3. "Lay with him all biblically" is a good phrase ... I may need to add that to my lexicon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pick black too. In fact, I am almost already dressing all in black in the mistaken thought that perhaps that can replace exercise and eating healthy. (It cannot.)

    And you seriously came up with some awesomely good questions for me!! I am so excited about them. Satan's last name? What kind of brain do you have, girl????

    Glad you liked the Chicken Nuggetized version of ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tired brain...a very tired brain. :)

      Delete
  5. Elle still uses the sign for please. Except she doesn't do it right so it looks like she's swiping something off her armpit. It's still adorable and I love it.

    Love song or rock song? Well the obvious answer would be a Monster Ballad. Long hair flowing in the wind and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember if I bought or library-borrowed Lolita when I read it but it was annotated which would be so cool if you had tons of time to sit and wallow and think about it all but I was just rushed to get the book itself read. I do someday hope to listen to the audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heavens. Now I want to read an annotated version....

      Delete
  7. I am that procrastinating type, too! Focus is something I am striving for more of this year, too. I have the worst time management.

    I learned a lot of sign language one semester in college but have since forgotten everything but the alphabet and thank you.

    I really like you guys as Chicken Nuggets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My idea of time management is making to do lists - sometimes with actual time frames - and then not doing anything but making the lists.

      Delete
  8. Hahaha - this is great. Love the q's and a's - you ladies are the funniest.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!