09 December 2014

Top 10 Tuesday: New Authors in 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the list of future topics click here.

This week's Top Ten is about Authors that were new to me this year. Clearly I'm supposed to list the top 10, but seriously ten is about all I have.....still, I read some good ones! 

Vladimir Nabokov  Read: Lolita     Next Read: Pale Fire

Jeannine Davis-Kimball  Read: Warrior Women     Next Read: This may be her only book.

Jay Asher  Read: 13 Reasons Why     Next Read: The Future of Us

Rainer Maria Rilke  Read: Letters to a Young Poet     Next Read: Sonnets to Orpheus

Maggie Stiefvater  Read: The Raven Boys, Dream Thieves, Blue Lily Lily Blue, The Scorpio Races
Next Read: Advice?

Rainbow Rowell  Read: eleanor & park     Next Read: Advice?

Julie Schumacher  Read: Dear Committee Members     Next Read: The Book of 100 Truths

Andy Weir  Read: The Martian     Next Read: This may be his only book

Robin McKinley  Read: Beauty     Next Read: Deerskin

Tom Kizzia  Read: Pilgrim's Wilderness    Next Read: The Wake of the Unseen Object

8 comments:

  1. I really really liked Rowell's "Fangirl" on audio. To the point where I was sad when it was over. "Attachments" was cute as well. I wasn't a huge fan of "Landline".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sandy about Fangirl on audio. Attachments was okay (in print, didn't do the audio), and Landline punched me in the gut on so many levels and made my top books of the year. Hm, let's see. Pale Fire. It was like doing mental gymnastics, more than any other books I've ever read. I wasn't a huge fan of the second Jay Asher book, but I might have been in the wrong mood. I'm not sure what I'll read next of Stiefvater's. I've tried The Scorpio Races both in print and on audio and was so bored halfway through that I quit both times. I'll probably try the non-werewolf books next but I'm not sure.

    My top ten new authors list is a top six list because that's all the new authors that have blown me away this year. Rainbow Rowell is on there, as well as Maggie Stiefvater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow Rowell's been making the Top Ten Tuesday rounds today! Never read anything of hers, may have to change that. Also very much looking forward to getting my hands on Dear Committee Members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I also read Landline, which was pretty good, but I wasn't as crazy about it. I'm saving Attachments because I started it and I think I'll really enjoy it - I like having it for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fangirl was awesome! And for Stiefvater, the Wolves of Mercy Falls series is pretty good. Nowhere near as good as Raven Boys, but still good. I enjoyed both of the Asher books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Robin McKinley is amazing! Did you know she's done two versions of Beauty in the Beast? There's Rose Daughter, too. It's quite different in some ways. I think my favourite of hers is Chalice; it sticks with me, somehow.

    My list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeremy Irons reading Lolita - wow! The book is really genius and i don't think anyone can stay indifferent to it. heard great things about Pale Fire, classic of meta-literature and all that. Looking forward to your thought on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not realize that Tom Kizzia had written another book! I have to go find that.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!