01 March 2015

Mailbox Monday: Bargain Binge

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued, and now hosted on its own blogI haven't participated in Mailbox Monday in a very long time, primarily because I try very hard to not have new books coming in to my house. My TBR pile requires adjectives such as excessive, impossible, and shameful.


However - you knew a however was coming, right? - over the weekend, I had the opportunity to raid a Book Warehouse where two special deals caught my eye: Buy 3 Get 1 Free in Audiobooks and in Young Adult Lit. As all of the books were 60-70% off to begin with, I just couldn't help myself. I ended up with 4 of each:

Audiobooks
Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (one of my favorite books)
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
The Help by Kathryn Stockett


YA Books
Landry Dark by Bethany Hagan
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Incantation by Alice Hoffman
Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances ed. Trisha Telep

I also bought the following two books for $3 and $1 respectively:

Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk (audiobook)
The Idle Parent: Why Laid-Back Parents Raise Happier and Healthier Kids by Tom Hodgkinson


So I'm thinking about starting with The Help in the car, but which print book should I start reading?

10 comments:

  1. You should never resist a book sale and that one sounds great! I haven't read any of those books, so I'll give you a random suggestion - go with the Alice Hoffman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see two books I loved - The Help and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian in your haul. You're in for some great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved THE HELP. ENJOY!!

    The Idle Parent sounds interesting. Give that a try for your print read. I really don't know any of the books so can't make a recommendation.

    Have a wonderful reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked The Help and Girl in Translation! I hope you enjoy them too

    ReplyDelete
  5. In print, I would definitely start with the Alexie! Mainly because I want to read one of his! Love The Help. My whole book club loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! My TBR pile could be described the same way!
    You seem to have picked great new titles; I couldn't have resisted either. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The audio of Good Omens is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I tried reading The Help as I loved the movie but couldn't stand all the dialect. The audio version is probably great. I'm going to have to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, all of these look awesome. I think I have The Girl in Translation in paperback somewhere around here. ha! Spoken like a true book hoarder, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!