28 March 2015

Weekend Cooking: Grilled Squash Medley

How To: First chop up some zucchini, yellow squash, and asparagus and place it on a piece of foil. Then you simply, brush with oil and cover with any of the following:

  1. Parmesan cheese
  2. Shredded mozzarella
  3. Salad Supreme
  4. Italian Seasoning
You can put pretty much anything on this veggie mix. Use a second piece of foil to cover the mix and fold the edges to create a pouch. Grilling time varies depending on what type of grill you have and on how you like your veggies. Personally, I grill the pouches on medium-high heat for 15-25 minutes. If you like your veggies softer, cook longer (about 40 minutes).

I tend to make at least four pouches with different seasonings in each pouch. What can I say? I like variety.

Change it Up: You can also bake this dish at 450 for 20-30 minutes. And of course, you can add any other veggie you so desire. Red peppers and tomatoes work really well as an add-in - if you can swing it past the husband and children, which I can't. :) Eliminations work too - especially the asparagus as I really have to be in the mood to eat it.

Pair it With: Burgers (preferably of the not-cow-variety). I think brat burgers are the best, closely followed by potato-based veggie burgers, and then pork burgers. I'm a big veggies-with-burgers girl as I think adding in a potato is strange.... Burger, veggies, and pickles. All you need.


5 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm not a big asparagus fan but I love the sounds of this with squash and zucchini. I'll have to keep this in mind during summer when I have more zucchini and squash than I know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I do love asparagus. It's a little tough to grill it too. This is such a good idea and I think that my private grille person (the husband) would go for it too. We are certainly moving into that summer veggie season very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making foil pouches is such a good idea. Really makes grilling veggies so easy. Like the idea of different pouches with different seasonings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to add veggies to the grill, and less heat in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to make pouches like this all time when we lived in Central New York. This is a recipe I am going to try, my family will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!