07 April 2015

Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Check in With

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the list of future topics click here.

Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Check in With

There are quite a few characters I feel a need to look up similar to friending a classmate I haven't seen in a decade. That need to check in, catch up, can be oddly more compelling for my fictional acquaintances than some real life ones. Wait, is that bad to say?



I must admit that many of the characters who first came to mind I did not include here, quite simply because I can find out what happens to them if I just read the next freaking book in the series. :)

8 comments:

  1. The series thing was a big issue for me. I just couldn't think of anyone who didn't have more story to come, or a future epilogue already written! Except Howl and Sophie, and thinking there are no more Howl books when there WERE more planned just makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd is on my list, too. I should've included Lyra! I initially had a lot of trouble coming up with books to include, but once I got started, the ideas just kept coming. Kind of a fun topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANATHEMA!!!! How did I forget? As horrible as it sounds, one of the thoughts that popped into my head when I heard the news that Sir Terry was no longer with us was, "Now there won't be a sequel to Good Omens!" Selfish, I know, but what can I say. I didn't know the man personally, only through this book. It's my favourite of all time, and I would kill to get more. And also a big thumbs up to Mark Watney. He was an excellent character and I would have loved to read about his life post-Mars mission!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd - I would love to think he does! And I sure would like to know more about Watney after the events of the story. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your last sentence cracks me up. I want to know about Elle from Pet Sematary. But mostly that is the last book I read that I can remember that would have an interesting 'next book in the series' so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anathema Device!! I admit I didn't participate last week because I'm so bad at remembering characters names. I've read have these books and nope...no recollection of the names.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!